TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Breakup Advice - June 2nd 2016, 09:30 PM

Hey guys!

I just need some advice about how to deal with a breakup. This might turn into me babbling so I apologize in advance. Kind of just needed to get all of this off my chest.

The basic background information is that my then 6-month boyfriend and I took a break because things weren't really working out (for me, at least, because I initiated the break). Fast forward one month later, I met up with him to talk and I knew that he wanted the break to be permanent (which he said so when I asked that day), so we broke up.

He's told me before that he's the kind of person who moves on quickly, but two weeks into the break, I heard rumours about him and someone else, which he denied, but from social media, I know they've been spending time together.

And here's the thing: I know that I don't like him anymore and I've realised that half the time in our relationship, I was never fully into it. I knew that he wasn't the person I wanted to be with in the long term and that it would never work out. I think I wanted a relationship more than a relationship with him. But somehow, knowing he's moved on so quickly (especially after lying about it) has affected me. I guess it's more the fact that I feel like I'm worthless if he can just forget me and move onto the next girl. Like the fact that he said he loved me actually meant nothing. That our relationship meant so little to him that he can just lie to my face then turn around and start another one with her.

So I guess my question is: how can I stop this from affecting me? It's not a question of whether or not I get over him, because in terms of liking him, I've done that already.

Thanks guys,

Kyra
  Send a message via Skype™ to luckiicloverxx 
Closed Thread