TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
eeba Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Esmé

Unhappy being in love is hard sometimes - January 1st 2017, 03:29 AM

It's not that I have any reason to be jealous, and I'm not jealous, she is so sweet to me and makes me feel so loved unlike anything I've ever felt before. And I just saw her yesterday.

It's just that she's been having other friends over and she tells me about it but I'm not invited (last year I was invited over for Hanukkah), I assume it's because of how her parents don't approve of our relationship...not that I'd want to go there anyway because I did once since we started dating, a couple months ago when they had just found out about us and I had already been invited so they said I could still come for dinner, I just couldn't spend the night, and it was sooo painfully awkward being there and having to hold it all in when I knew that they knew and no one said anything and I was supposed to be there as just her friend.

So I'm not keen to see her parents again right now, but I still just feel...I don't know. I feel like they hate me. And I don't really care what they think of me that much, it just upsets me because I wish there were some way I could make them understand how much I love and care about their daughter and how much she means to me. And I know they love her too and they just want what's best for her, and I know I don't deserve her but it still hurts that they don't want us to be together. I don't know, I just feel kinda angry and sad.

And then, my mom is always asking me about them and if she's talked to them more about this, and it's like, I don't know, I can't read their minds, and I don't really want to bring it up with my girlfriend, it's just kind of uncomfortable I guess. I'm a very awkward person.

haha sorry I don't know what I'm asking, just needed to get that out really.
Thanks for reading and happy new year to you all!

"All will be well when the day is done"
-Peter, Paul and Mary <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Re: being in love is hard sometimes - January 1st 2017, 06:45 AM

Hey Esmé,

Happy New Year to you too! I'm sorry that you feel this way about your girlfriend's parents, but I honestly think the best thing you can do is talk to her or her parents about it. Keeping this all bottled up on the inside may eventually impact your relationship, especially if you two become more serious - her parents' opinions will become more important at that stage. All I can really say is don't take it too personally. Her parents don't know you or what you've been through, and they're just doing what all parents do - whatever they think is best for their beloved child. All of you love her and want to care for her and be there for her, but it'll just take some time and communication for them to see that you view her with the same amount of care and love. In the end, her parents will be happy with whoever makes their daughter happy, so I don't think this is something you need to stress out over!

I hope this helped and feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk!

Kyra
  Send a message via Skype™ to luckiicloverxx 
Closed Thread