TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Wishes Offline
Hello

Average Joe

Name: 爱

How do I get over him? - January 11th 2017, 01:11 PM

So I really like a boy and I can't stop thinking about him and I really care about him. I've never felt like this about anyone. But he acts like I don't exist even though he used to like me too. And I'm so ugly and liking him is making me feel worse. Does anyone have any advice on how to get over him? Or at least any advice on how to deal with liking him so much? So it doesn't hurt so bad?

Last edited by Wishes; January 12th 2017 at 12:47 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Brittany

Re: How do I get over him? - January 11th 2017, 04:49 PM

Hi Lavern,,

Liking someone that you can't have is always tough. I've been there several times. It's definitely tough to get over it. I can't recommend much, but what I usually do is I remind myself that this will never happen and that I am just hurting myself by thinking about him. So whenever you start thinking about him try and think about something else. Get rid of everything that makes you think of him, including deleting off social media if you have him on there. Eventually you should start losing feelings for him, I hope.

I hope this helps.
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
FPFanatic6661 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Andrew

Re: How do I get over him? - January 11th 2017, 05:50 PM

In addition to what Brittany said, I think it's very important to keep yourself occupied. Art is a great way to forget - writing, drawing, music, whatever, or exercise, or talking to friends. Just anything to take your mind off of him. To get over him, the thoughts of him have to be nonexistent. Keep yourself occupied to forget your feelings for him, and you can benefit from whatever you choose to do, like from art, for example.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Wishes Offline
Hello

Average Joe

Name: 爱

Re: How do I get over him? - January 14th 2017, 10:39 AM

Thank you both for the advice x

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Hanna24 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How do I get over him? - January 15th 2017, 09:32 AM

Don't ever feel that you're ugly. Love yourself and do things that you like more often. You'll feel more better.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Julialovero Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How do I get over him? - January 15th 2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavern View Post
So I really like a boy and I can't stop thinking about him and I really care about him. I've never felt like this about anyone. But he acts like I don't exist even though he used to like me too. And I'm so ugly and liking him is making me feel worse. Does anyone have any advice on how to get over him? Or at least any advice on how to deal with liking him so much? So it doesn't hurt so bad?
yes I think you need to become closer to him I have a crush and all my friends and him face time and text also I told him I like him . So what if he doesn't like you this might be a cliché but he doesn't know what he is missing . I hope everything turns out the way you want .

(#7 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: How do I get over him? - January 16th 2017, 05:21 PM

Hey there,

Firstly, never call yourself ugly. No one is ugly. Everyone has something beautiful about them. So please, don't ever put yourself down. Even if you don't think you're beautiful, I promise you there is someone out there who does!

I think the best thing you can do is keep yourself occupied, spend time with friends and do things that make you happy. Give yourself time and you will get over this guy and soon enough you will find someone right for you. You are so young, give yourself time and someone amazing will come to you. Someone who is worth your time and effort.

Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

Closed Thread