TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Katie.holmes Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Boys - April 2nd 2017, 10:58 PM

I feel like I'm addicted to boys but I need help to understand why and I don't feel confident talking to my family about it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Brittany

Re: Boys - April 3rd 2017, 12:37 AM

Hi there,

When I was your age, I felt I was addicted to boys as well. However, I eventually realized that I just preferred being friends with them as I got along with guys a lot better than girls.

I am also going to move this to Relationships and Dating as I believe that you'd be able to get more advice there.

Take Care,
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nala Offline
Clarity
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Ellie

Re: Boys - April 3rd 2017, 09:42 AM

Hi there, and welcome to TeenHelp!

Can I ask what makes you feel as though you are addicted to boys? I'm wondering, in what context do you refer to? Do you develop crushes easily and quickly, or do you simply just enjoy spending time with boys rather than other girls? It depends on each individual and their personality. Some people enjoy spending time with people of the same gender, and some enjoy spending time with people of the opposite gender. I suppose it depends on whom they feel most comfortable with, and whom they feel they have most in common with and are most compatible with. It is completely normal to want to have guy friends. At 13 you're working on discovering yourself, dealing with changes and forming friendships in your life. And it is normal to want your circle of friends to include mostly boys if you are finding yourself to be interested in a potential relationship.

However, such a young age sure can be tricky to develop a relationship so I urge you to be cautious and protect yourself, okay? My advice to you is to maintain just friendships until you are older and have figured out how who you are, and have figured out who you want to be and what you want in your life, you know? Building friendships with people whom you'll grow alongside of, and hopefully remain friends with later in your life can be a meaningful experience. So can a relationship, but it might be best to wait until you come across someone really special, you know?

Have you spent any time with girls whom you could be friends with? Perhaps you may enjoy doing so? It's possible you may come to find out that you enjoy spending time with people of both genders, and can relate to both as everyone is different. I'm also curious if you know anyone like this? For example, the boys you spend time with; are any of them similar to you? Do they tend to only make friends with girls rather than other boys? Talking to others who take similar paths as you may help you understand further too.

As for your family, I'm wondering if you feel confident talking to them about any other topics? I understand certain topics may cause you discomfort or wariness upon approaching it with your family, but I hope you feel comfortable or feel like you can ease into a point where you feel comfortable talking to them about any other issues you may approach such as issues at school, friendships and so on because family can be a great source of support, encouragement and overall stability; they're there for you through the good and the bad times, and you deserve that.

Mainly, protect yourself and enjoy your life. I know there may be pressure to rush, but for now my personal advice to you is to focus on yourself, school, friends and finding happiness in your life by self-discovery. You never know what you may learn about yourself, what you may enjoy and what you may become fantastic at with practice; such as a hobby for example. It can be intriguing to learn about yourself, and you deserve to be able to do so and find happiness along the journey.

Hope this helped. Wishing you the best of luck and lots of happiness. Take care!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
~ John 3:16 (KJV)

Closed Thread