TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
nopalmorena Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Edriyaana

Unhappy Why did things have to change? - April 16th 2017, 09:28 AM

My boyfriend and I have known eachother for 2 years now and we started dating only 5 months ago. In the first couple of months, our relationship was great! We were happy and so close. There was mutual respect, trust, open communication, etc.
But things started to change not so long ago. It's like he's a whole new person now. He used to be the type of guy who would always hug and kiss me in public. He used to want to hang out with me a lot and would always want to talk about anything & everything. Now, he does none of that. I feel like he pushes me away and neglects me in a way. We aren't as close anymore and He talks more to other girls than he talks to me. It's like he just doesn't want to spend any time with me. Not to mention, we've been having a lot of arguments lately as well.
I guess the only times he shows any affection is when we are alone. But I don't just want his affection when we are alone. I want his affection shown all the time. I don't want to continue feeling underappreciated and whatnot.
I don't understand why things changed. I have talked to him about it so many times and his response is always the same: "I'll change and make things better." However, nothing changes or gets better. I'm really hurt by this all that it constantly floats around in my mind and I'm constantly stressing over it. I have thought about breaking up with him since nothing seems to be getting any better, but I have really strong feelings for him and I just don't want to lose him. I really don't know what to do anymore.
I just want things to be better because I know they can. The love is there, I know and I can feel it. But I have no idea how to make it happen or what to do in general. Do I talk to him about it one more time? Do I change? Do I just breakup with him? Or what? Please help me out, I really need some advice. Thanks

(#2 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Re: Why did things have to change? - April 16th 2017, 09:32 AM

Talk to him one more time. If he says the same thing, bring that up, that he says that over and over again and doesn't change. He might just be playing you. Ultimately it's up to you to decide if you want to break up with him (which I think is wise at this point) because he can't keep hurting you like this. Just remember that you will love again, maybe even stronger.

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I can't get enough

Name: Kay

Re: Why did things have to change? - April 17th 2017, 11:43 AM

Hey,

I am sorry your relationship isn't going well. I can't tell you why his behavior has changed but talking to him about it might help. Tell him everything you have told us of how you feel underappreciated in this relationship and how it hurts when he doesn't show you affection. I know you have said you have spoken to him before and he has always given a standard response. If he does that again, it might be good to remind him how he has said this before but nothing has changed.

We can't really decide for you. It is after all your decision whether or not you want to continue this relationship. I hope talking to him helps and things get better for you but I just want to tell you one thing, if things don't change there is absolutely no use sticking around in a relationship where he keeps hurting you. Breaking up will hurt, it definitely will but like it has been said above, you will heal and love again. It is harder to come to terms with being hurt on a daily basis by someone you care for.

I hope things work out for the best. Good luck and take care. I am just a message away if you want someone to talk to. <3
Kav.

"Being happy isn't about having everything in your life perfect. Maybe it is about stringing together all the little things."

Community Mentor | HelpLINK Access | LiveHelp Access | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread