TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Echoed Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: A girl has no name

Unhappy Should I end it? - September 23rd 2017, 02:18 PM

Hey!
Im a real newbie in that relationship stuff.
I have a boyfriend of 3 weeks... but i already feel like im not interested anymore. He is a year older than me, moved to another city to go to a better high school and comes to see me on weekends only.
We started texting about 5 months ago.
Things i found nice about him in the beginning:
*He is smart, gets good grades (like me)
*Likes similar books as me
*likes animals
*likes tv shows and movies
*Plays LoL (I do too and we played together)
*He cooks
*Is funny and friendly
*Takes me out

Things i dont like about him:
*Offensive jokes. Tho i know he doesnt mean these things, he knows i dont like these but continues telling em.
*Needs to know what i do and who i talk to all the time
*Talks too much about himself and doesnt show interest to things i do
*He wants to kiss too much. Feels like thats the only thing he comes to me for
*I hate that he wears a perfume. Stupid ik but it triggers me
*He acts like he is always supposed to be the best
*If i play (LoL) with his friends they dont want him in the matchup... I mean, there must be a reason, right? They know him for way longer than me.
*He doesnt talk about his classmates, the girl he dances with in his training or new friends
*He has no time to play with me anymore because he goes to three trainings and has homework... and for some reason he goes to bed really early...
*I never fancy to go out with him really. Idk why :/
There is more but this here is enough i guess.

What do you think of him? Should i break up? How?

Thank you for reading and helping me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Markus Offline
Professional Human
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Marcus

Re: Should I end it? - September 23rd 2017, 02:35 PM

If you are not interested anymore and you don't feel like you can rekindle the flame, maybe you can consider talking to him and hopefully y'all can end on good terms and be friends? Of course, it takes both parties to be mature about it.

And if a relationship has come to a point where you can't confidently say you like him as much as you did previously, there's no point taking up each other's time. Don't play the waiting game to see who would initiate break up first either, because I don't think that is right.

To love someone, one must accept their partner for who they are no matter how badly they are judged or perceived by others. You should only get into a relationship with someone when you see a future with them and you love them for who they are, like how couples can be comfortable with each other and talk about anything under the sun.

Based on what you have mentioned, I feel that the two of you lack in communication and perhaps, y'all should have dated for a while before deciding to go into a relationship and make it official. Dating is the perfect period of time for you to determine whether you really like the other party or are you only attracted to him/her.

The decision ultimately lies with you. You got to question yourself why did you get into a relationship with him and what is the primary reason which made you consider a break up now? If you have more reasons to break up than to stay in a relationship, then you probably already answered your own question and that is if you should end it or not.

Closed Thread