TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Creator_Taylor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chloe

Points: 3,487, Level: 8 Points: 3,487, Level: 8 Points: 3,487, Level: 8

Question I've been dating for a month....should i tell my parents? - October 25th 2017, 03:15 AM

So i've been dating my boyfriend for a month now and of course my peers are starting to catch on. Its annoying that they are making fun of us. My BF said maybe we should tell our peers. But i'm afraid that if i don't tell my parents, they will find out sooner or later. I would like to tell them (my mom first) but i don't want to go behind my BF's back and tell them without his consent. BUT i dont want to not tell them and end up getting in trouble for lying.
What should i do?

(PS. I know, for a fact, that my mom would never gossip to anyone other than family. Also BF doesn't want his parents to know + we r going on our first "date" on Friday for the school's Halloween Party)

-Thanks!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: I've been dating for a month....should i tell my parents? - October 25th 2017, 02:49 PM

I think that this is something you should talk to your boyfriend about. I think that it can be important to tell your parents about your relationships especially when you are a teen. However, it isn't mandatory unless you feel that you want to tell them.

I think that, talking to your boyfriend and discussing the reasons that you want to talk to your parents could be helpful. He could discuss the reasons that he doesn't want to discuss it with parents. However, if you live in a small community or your parents are friend's with some of the parent's of your peers, it is likely that they will find out. I do not know that they will be angry if you don't tell them as much as they might be hurt.

I don't think it is fair of your boyfriend to expect you to not tell your parents especially if you have a close relationship to them and don't want to make it seem like you are lying to them. However, I am not aware of the reasoning behind him not wanting to tell his parents.

Best regards.
Closed Thread