TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AMA on teenhelp Offline
im just a dead man walking
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

I think now more then ever nice guys finish last - October 31st 2017, 06:06 PM

I always tought this was really a thing but now im just done with this shit theres this girl i really really like shes just so cute hot just read my older post to catch up alright theres this guy im friends with not close but just good friends i never told him i liked her he had a gf broke up with her he started to fool around with some other girl
This girl i liked liked him the even kissed 2 times just as a dare but this guy says he doesnt like her at all but why does he just kiss her just out of now where just say all this gf bf things to her and at the same time fucking around with some other girl while the girl i like knows that and is just alright with this all i want to know is this normal am i the wierd one and that has to change here?

it takes a strong man to deny whats right in front of him and if the truth is undeniable you create your own

Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1303203 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Noire Offline
When is the future?
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: I think now more then ever nice guys finish last - November 1st 2017, 01:18 AM

First of all, the phrase "nice guys finish last" is bull. Please, scratch that from your vocabulary. There are no "nice guys." Guys who feel they need to call themselves nice guys are generally in my experience, not really that nice. They may ACT nice, but they have motives for doing so. They want something out of it and they are bitter that they're not getting it. I'm not saying this is what you're doing. I'm not accusing you in any way. But the stereotypical "nice guy" who says "nice guys finish last" usually isn't so nice.

To answer your question:

During the teenage years especially, and even during early adulthood, relationship dynamics can be really screwed up. I can't tell you exactly what's up with this particular guy and girl because I don't know them. My guess would be the guy is kissing her/fooling around with her anyway because he can. It's a bit of extra fun and he's not going to turn it down.

As for her being okay with engaging in those activities with him even though he's with another girl, not all relationships are exclusive. If his relationship is exclusive then what they're doing is unethical but if it isn't then everyone is allowed to just have fun. I have personal experience with this if you have more questions about it.

Another possibility is the girl you like has low self-esteem and is just taking what she can get. She may not value herself to stand up for herself and demand that things need to be exclusive. That's not really something you can change, though; it's a realization she'll have to come to herself eventually.

In summary, yeah, it sucks that the girl you like doesn't like you back, but sometimes relationships are tough that way. All you can do is focus on building connections with people, without necessarily trying to make it into a relationship. Find commonalities within one another and bond over them. You may find you have a lot of laughs and a lot of good times along the way.

Good luck and PM me if you need anything else.

Love joins
Love unites
Love breaks us apart
The power to conquer here in our hearts
Enduring and sacred
Eternal as time
For love, love alone will conquer all

"A Million," by VNV Nation
  Send a message via Yahoo to Noire  
4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
AMA on teenhelp Offline
im just a dead man walking
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: I think now more then ever nice guys finish last - November 1st 2017, 07:20 AM

Thanks for that reply means alot

it takes a strong man to deny whats right in front of him and if the truth is undeniable you create your own

Last edited by AMA on teenhelp; November 1st 2017 at 07:21 AM. Reason: I said men haha

Closed Thread