TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DanceCommander Offline
Don't Panic
I can't get enough

Name: Jordan

Drunk Fight - June 7th 2009, 11:48 PM

Friday night I was extremely intoxicated. Now, I own that choice as my own and that I have to suffer the consequences. However, seeing as I am someone who is overly friendly when they are drunk, my boyfriend's paranoid streak was kicking into overdrive that I would cheat on him. All his past girlfriend's have cheated on him, and he was furious with me all night because I said I had some guys hugging on me.

Now, we patched this up a little bit yesterday, but I can't help but feel there is still a slight rift between the two of us over what happened Friday. I also feel embarrassed because I am a smart, responsible young adult most of the time; I never get plastered. But now I am afraid he views me as an immature little kid (I'm a few years younger than him) who makes stupid decisions. How should I handle this? Do I just need to let it go? Or is there really something to be worried about?

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where-"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go."

~The Chesire Cat to Alice~
  Send a message via Yahoo to DanceCommander  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Gaia Offline
same same, but different.
Outside, huh?

Name: Lou

Re: Drunk Fight - June 8th 2009, 09:40 AM

I wouldn't get worried about it, but do talk to your boyfriend. I'm the same way, overly friendly most of the time, and it is worrying for your other half, but reassure him that hugs don't mean anything special.
I doubt he sees you as being immature for getting drunk, everybody does it, and I'm sure he's been a lot worse. Good luck.

"Life is pain, anybody that says different is selling something" ~ Fezzik's Mother, The Princess Bride. ♥

"To die, would be an awfully big adventure."~ Peter Pan

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

~ The Buddha

14-04-2010. R.R <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lvpeyton Offline
stronger than yesterday
Average Joe

Re: Drunk Fight - June 8th 2009, 05:42 PM

i can tell you from experience, being on both sides; your boyfriends and then yours; that people simply do not like when others excuse their behavior due to intoxication. i understand it effects judgement, which you might mention to him, and possibly state you had a little too much to drink. but also tell him you understand why that situation bothered him due to his past with other girls and then if you think you did something wrong, own up to it and apologize.

my ex hated when i blamed stuff on me being wasted. and i realized i didn't like it either. i realized some of the things i did might have been insensitive to his situation, therefore maybe i should have apologized and admitted my mistakes.

"All these short times feel like no time, I thought you ought to know."

“Sometimes you have to forget about what you want, and remember what you deserve.”

Closed Thread