TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
2ndSoul Offline
Average Joe

Name: Brody

What could it be? - July 2nd 2009, 02:48 PM

So I was talking to my girlfriend last night and it was eventually apparent she was in a bad mood. I asked her why and she said she was in a bad mood, I asked if it was anything specific and she said 'a lot of things' basically she said that it was 'sorta about me and/or us' and that she 'didn't want to fix' whatever it was. She also said 'it's not my fault and she's just stressed'. I told her I was in a listening mood and she said 'you wouldn't be if I told you'.

It doesn't add up to me. Something she won't tell me, but she doesn't want to fix but bad enough that I wouldn't be in a good mood if she told me? I tried to get her to tell me but she wouldn't so I wasn't going to force her.

Any girls out there ever done anything like this? I'm really kinda confused right now and its going to be on my mind for awhile.

My experiences are mine. They may be good, they may be bad but they make who I am.
  Send a message via AIM to 2ndSoul  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
B.O.T.E Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: What could it be? - July 2nd 2009, 04:22 PM

My girlfriend does this a lot, yet I sometimes do it to her.
It could be that she is just not comfortable talking at the moment and needs time to think it over.

Just give her time and say your always there to listen when she needs to talk.

You might also want to try talking first. Create a sense of security for her. If someone else is willing to open up it will be easier for her.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lil-x Offline
save me from my dark.
Average Joe

Re: What could it be? - July 2nd 2009, 04:33 PM

Several possibilities as to what could be up with your girlfriend at the moment. I think some girls just try and confuse guys purposely so the guys are thinking about what could be wrong.
  • She could feel insecure about the strength of your relationship.
  • Possible something could have happened, like well, pregnancy? Unlikely but your shouldn't rule it out.
  • She might like someone else.
  • Or well she might just be purely stressed.
Think about what's happened in your relationship recently. Have you had any rows? Also think about whether she might be moving away or something along those lines?

I don't think you should get too worried about this. As already said she might need time to mull things over before she can properly open up to you.

Give her some time and space. If it really isn't your fault, she will probably be feeling guilty and will tell you whats up on her own accordance.

xx

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Phin Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while

Name: Phineas

Re: What could it be? - July 2nd 2009, 06:09 PM

I'm not sure whats wrong, but whatever it is, try your best not to pressure her into telling you. It's probably something about her feeling insecure about you or something. Best bet is to just tell her how much you care about her and that you will be there for her no matter what and that if there's any possible way you can help, let you... and mean it!

I love the name of honour more than I fear death.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
2ndSoul Offline
Average Joe

Name: Brody

Re: What could it be? - July 2nd 2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil-x View Post
Several possibilities as to what could be up with your girlfriend at the moment. I think some girls just try and confuse guys purposely so the guys are thinking about what could be wrong.
  • She could feel insecure about the strength of your relationship.
  • Possible something could have happened, like well, pregnancy? Unlikely but your shouldn't rule it out.
  • She might like someone else.
  • Or well she might just be purely stressed.
Think about what's happened in your relationship recently. Have you had any rows? Also think about whether she might be moving away or something along those lines?

I don't think you should get too worried about this. As already said she might need time to mull things over before she can properly open up to you.

Give her some time and space. If it really isn't your fault, she will probably be feeling guilty and will tell you whats up on her own accordance.

xx

We've been dating for 10 months so I really hope she doesn't like someone else and I'm positive she'd never cheat. I also know she's not pregnant because well.. we haven't gone that far. Unless of course its someone else's in which case this just went to the worst possible scenario.

Sounds to me like the consensus is though that she's just stressed and will probably tell me eventually. Thanks guys

My experiences are mine. They may be good, they may be bad but they make who I am.
  Send a message via AIM to 2ndSoul  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: What could it be? - July 3rd 2009, 12:32 AM

She probably feels unsure about where your relationship is going...
talk to her about your relationship and what you think of it, get her to open up about that.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Robin

Re: What could it be? - July 3rd 2009, 03:01 AM

It could be something much more simple than that. She may be trying to let you know that you're ticking her off in some way, or that something about the relationship isn't meeting her expectations... but she doesn't want to say exactly what it is, because it'll lead to a fight, or she feels that bringing the situation to light will only cause more problems than if she keeps her thoughts to herself.

Whatever the reason, don't pressure her.

Closed Thread