TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
EmilyAnne Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Guy Help! - January 18th 2009, 02:49 PM

Hey There--

well, i'm 18, not exactly unattractive, but i dont know how to get guys to notice me, and want to date me.
I dont know how to act or what to say...i just want to be noticed and asked out by guys!
help!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ivanna_B_Me Offline
Average Joe

Name: Mary

Re: Guy Help! - January 18th 2009, 03:04 PM

well how do you dress???

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Heaven Sent, to Help You!
Average Joe

Name: Brooke

Re: Guy Help! - January 18th 2009, 03:10 PM

My sister specifically has the same issues, but you just basically need to make it look like you put effort into your image. I'm not saying that you need to be superficial, you just need to put effort [unless you already do] like put make up on, do your hair etc. If your still in high school, you might need to get away from the people you've been around your entire life for anything to really happen.

Certain actions like eye contact is very helpful in these situations. If you're not confident, try and find ways to boost your confidence. Guys say "Confidence is sexy " alot of the time :]

I hope I helped take care

So where did everyone go?
And you don't even know
So don't pretend that you do

It's just a set up
For all the failures
Always playing after something cool

Send a message via AIM to Brooke Basketcase Send a message via MSN to Brooke Basketcase Send a message via Yahoo to Brooke Basketcase  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
niente_ Offline
Ex band geek, but still proud.
I've been here a while

Name: Niente

Re: Guy Help! - January 18th 2009, 03:21 PM

Okay, first off you probably need to be friends with quite a few guys so you know what they're like and maybe how to act round them. Second, most guys like confidence, so if you dress how you want and be yourself and be glad to be yourself, you're likely to get noticed. Three, if there's a guy you like then sometimes they like you to make the first move ... just drop a couple of hints so they know how you feel. Finally, do something to make you feel good about yourself and improve your self esteem - a hair cut or make over and a new outfit or whatever you like

Sometimes it's better to forget how you feel
and remember what you deserve

S. M ... still in my heart, forever

(#5 (permalink)) Old
s@!nt_J!mMy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ralph E. Farrell II

Re: Guy Help! - January 19th 2009, 01:03 AM

well, since im a guy i really dont know how to get noticed by other guys although some of the same "tactics" lol work pretty well

top thing to do is BE DIFFERENTTTTT, sure be yourself but in my experiance guys like girls that are outgoing, who are just themselves, confidence is definately great.

uhmm... i was goinn to say something else but i forgot already, oh wait yea i just wanted to add that what you wear shouldn't matter, that can just attract the wrong guys, i just dont recomend sweat pants or anything lol
  Send a message via AIM to s@!nt_J!mMy Send a message via MSN to s@!nt_J!mMy Send a message via Yahoo to s@!nt_J!mMy  
Closed Thread