TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

To text or not to text? - August 29th 2009, 03:46 PM

A friend offered to find me someone and when we went out last night, he introduced me to someone. We talked a bit and my friend told me that I should go for it. After a while, she started to get really close, give me loads of compliments and told me that we'd end up kissing by the end of the night and we did. When I left, we swapped numbers and now I'm in the "do I text her first or wait for her to text me?" situation.

I don't want to assume that something is going to come of it and it doesn't and I don't want to assume nothing will come of it and miss a chance so I'm left wondering whether or not I should text first or see if I hear anything from her. I'm hoping that I'll be going out again with my friend tonight so I might see her again which would save the whole texting thing but until then, I don't know what to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
sphynx Offline
A Work In Progress
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Claire

Re: To text or not to text? - August 29th 2009, 04:27 PM

The one thing that generally convinces me is thinking, "what if they're on the other end thinking the exact same thing? Someone has to make the first move, it might as well be me." And this is the way I'd approach the given situation. Yes, your concerns would be my concerns, but I feel I'd be better off knowing whether or not I ever had a chance than wondering "what if?" simply because I was too nervous to initiate a conversation. I wouldn't want to be left thinking maybe she was waiting for me or maybe she had the same concerns I had or maybe she didn't know how to approach me etc. I would rather know, no, she didn't want anything or yes, she does. If it's a no, I'd pull through. People are stronger than they give themselves credit for. If it's a yes, then awesomesauce. Personally, I would go for it, but it's up to you.

Good luck.

xo Claire

Clean since 01.08.09
  Send a message via MSN to sphynx  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: To text or not to text? - August 29th 2009, 04:30 PM

Okay, thanks. I didn't think of it that way so I think I will make the first move x

(#4 (permalink)) Old
CherriesBlossom Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Katie

Re: To text or not to text? - August 29th 2009, 05:02 PM

ask her if she's going tonight to where ever it is your going.
im sure she will be gald to hear from you (:
good luck!
  Send a message via AIM to CherriesBlossom  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: To text or not to text? - August 29th 2009, 05:07 PM

She told me last night she lives about two minutes away from the place we were so she is there most nights. I'm tempted to but I'd hate the fact that she'd be the only one there I know if no-one I met there last night or my friend aren't going.

I'm really torn on what to do. I'm just hoping my friend will get back to me about tonight so I'll be able to bump into her again and see where it goes from there, if all else fails then I'll text her but anymore suggestions will be really appreciated x

(#6 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I've been here a while

Name: Paige

Re: To text or not to text? - August 30th 2009, 02:24 AM

I think you should text her, just a general hello message and see where it goes from there. Mention meeting her and how it was lovely to see her and you'd really like to go out again sometime but maybe invite her somewhere where the two of you can get to know each other better, like going out and having a coffee or something like that, cafes are generally really good places for getting to know people because you have to reply upon pure conversation. I really hope this works out for you Charlie, good luck and keep us posted.
Paige x

(#7 (permalink)) Old
I-Love-him Offline
I've been here a while

Re: To text or not to text? - August 30th 2009, 10:48 AM

i think you should text her, and perhaps meet up in a nice calm public place where you can sit down and talk. invite her out or something. don't be shy, it will make you feel so much more confident if you invite her out yourself first good luck

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: To text or not to text? - August 30th 2009, 10:52 AM

I text her last night and we got talking. I think we'll be meeting up a few times in the future so hopefully it's a good sign of things to come. Thanks for all the replies :] x

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: To text or not to text? - August 30th 2009, 12:36 PM

Heyy girl hey. =P There ya go!

Ah, the woes of not knowing who's going to text first. I understand right where you're coming from with that one! I'm glad you went ahead and did it though. Who knows what this could blossom into?

I'm going to go ahead and close this (because as I'm sure you've seen, people don't really like to read past the first post and you'll still be getting advice on whether or not to text the person, when in fact you already have). If you need further advice with things on her, go ahead and make a new thread.

Best of luck.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
Closed Thread