TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

It's not bothering me but i just can't stop thinking about it. - December 8th 2009, 05:43 PM

Well about 2 weekends ago i found out that my boyfriend slept with someone who i went to school with. It was a few years ago and i'm not bothered. He was 17 at the time and she's the same age as me (4 years younger than my boyfriend) but she lied to him and told him she was 16. It caused a bit of a stir from what i hear but it's not his fault, he wouldn't have done ity if he knew she was 13/14 before hand... And it all happened before we'd even met.

I just can't get over how much of a small world it is, i know he knew her in some form because she was on our mutual friends on facebook (lol...). She came to my school around the same time as that happened, year 8 or year 9 i'm not sure (but then left shortly after).

Once again i'm not upset or hurt by this, i just think it's funny how i was friends with her and she was sleeping with someone who years later i fell completely in love with. Life works in funny ways huh? It's just weird because i find my self wondering about it, it's not tormenting me but i guess i'm just curious as to how it happened and how they knew each other in the first place, you know? Is that weird? It will probably pass in a few weeks it's just something i really didn't expect to hear.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: It's not bothering me but i just can't stop thinking about it. - December 8th 2009, 05:53 PM

Hey there Footienut1892. From the way you are typing, it sort of suggests you are bothered a little bit about it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Robin

Re: It's not bothering me but i just can't stop thinking about it. - December 8th 2009, 05:56 PM

It's definitely natural to be curious about your boyfriend's or girlfriend's ex-partners. =) Especially when it's someone you may have met in the past, know in the present, or may have the opportunity to meet in the future.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: It's not bothering me but i just can't stop thinking about it. - December 8th 2009, 06:06 PM

Jacksonian as i said in my original post, i'm not hurt or upset by it. I'm just curious because it was someone who i used to know, if i was bothered i would have said. That's what this site is for right?

Thanks PSY i wasn't sure if i was being weird or obsessive. If it was someone who i didn't meet or know in the past i probably wouldn't have given it a second thought. The fact that she lied about her age really doesn't surprise me, when we were in school there was always something about her which just read "bad news". I just can't get over the smallness of this world, i always think its weird when one group of friends knows people from a completely differant group of friends.

Closed Thread