TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cleostar09 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: *Annastesia*

Thumbs down more then a crush... - December 11th 2009, 11:05 PM

OK soooo... I'm a senior in high school and I have had a crush on the same guy since freshman year. He asked me out once in 9th grade but i refused to go out with him because I was shallow and insecure. Now, we're older and wiser and I have fallen for him... hard. He has gone through all these girls that have treated him like CRAP. He deserves SOO much better... he deserves someone who won't try to control him, stab him in the back, or hurt him. I really feel something for him but I just can't seem to tell him so. He just doesn't seem interested. I haven't tried to hard before but IDK he just doesn't seem like he cares. We talk every once in a while and we used to be good friends but I want to be SO much more then that. I believe i could be what he needs... I'm just to shy to ever let him know. He just recently posted on his FB that he is done making women a priority in life and that he didn't want to be hurt anymore.... I hate to see him so low and i really want to be with him. IDK how to do it. Any help guys?

Servatis a periculum...
Servatis a maleficum...
  Send a message via Yahoo to cleostar09  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

Re: more then a crush... - December 12th 2009, 12:07 AM

Talk to him about it? If he confides in you, that's a good sign. If he does, throw in some harmless flirting and a dash of compassion and you've got yourself a guy set up to fall for you.

Needless to say, it's harder than it sounds. Get talking first. If I were you, I wouldn't exclaim straight out that you've fallen hard for him, because he seems to have given up on women. I'd become close with him, drop subtle hints and make him wonder. Flirt harmlessly. I'm sure you'll be okay.

<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: more then a crush... - December 14th 2009, 07:54 PM

Go talk to him. Now is the time to start talking and stop being nervous. Don't get tongue-tied. He's tired of hurting and soon he will give up or someone else will surely go out with him. So go, start talking to him. Just as Composure said.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
♥Bliz Offline
Frosted but not frozen
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kyle

Re: more then a crush... - December 14th 2009, 11:59 PM

I've been doing nothing for a year exactly almost, about two girls I've been wanting to talk to. (one i like.) I can't stand it, and as the end of the year apparouch closer and closer, I fear I may never talk to them (they are leaving). Each day it hurts. You can't be like this. If I can't help myself then I'll sure as **** (can i swear here? have to look it up...) will help others out of it. Although I can't give you any advice, I hope that you keep my story in mind, don't feel an unneeded pain, and please, talk to him.

If you ever need it, I'm here to help, talk, or whatever! ~~Kyle
Suicide helplines:
1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) or 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
  Send a message via Yahoo to ♥Bliz  
Closed Thread