TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shayjaggers Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shayla

She's treating me terribly. - March 1st 2010, 02:35 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay. So me and my girlfriend broke up about a month and a half ago. Everything was okay for awhile, it was a forced break-up that neither of us wanted, so we would still say we loved each other and stuff when we talked. Then she started getting weird. Told me she didn't love me anymore and wanted "cock" ( we are both girls,) which I later found out from a friend she just made up to hurt me. Ever since then I wouldn't say I loved her anymore, and anytime we talked (which wasn't often) it was just platonic, boring conversation. Then a few days ago I asked her advice on something my counselor told me, and she blew up at me. Told me to bother someone else because she couldn't "f-ing fix it." I hadn't wanted her to fix it, just wanted to talk to it about someone I trusted. Ever since then, she's been cussing me out constantly. Says that all I do is "whine about how bad my life is." She also said I'm a stalker freak that no one wants to talk to. I'm 18 and she's 14, but that never bothered us when we were together, and we had a great relationship, never fought or anything. The reason we had to break up was because of her parents.
Really, I don't understand why I'm getting this treatment from her. I never did anything she's accusing me of, and only ever tried to make her happy. She even specifically told me we could be friends before this started.
I would love some advice. Did I do something wrong? Because I can't understand her behavior.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Zyzz Offline
Superman
I've been here a while

Re: She's treating me terribly. - March 1st 2010, 02:41 AM

i would say that you didnt do anything wrong here. she could be taking this hard. and taking it out on you is her way to cope. i would talk to her about this.
i hope i helped. and just PM me anytime and we can talk about whatever you want

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Shayjaggers Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: She's treating me terribly. - March 1st 2010, 02:44 AM

I would talk to her about it if I could. But she went so far as to delete me off of facebook and frankly I'm afraid that if I text her I'll just get yelled at some more. It's as if she's taking everything she knows about me and using my insecurities against me...it's really taking chunks out of my self-esteem.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: She's treating me terribly. - March 1st 2010, 04:55 AM

You said it was a forced break up, she may still be mad at that maybe she just copes different with the break up. Some people usually after a break up don't want to talk to their ex, or have any contact with them to make it easier to cope with the break up. Try giving her some time before talking to her again.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: She's treating me terribly. - March 1st 2010, 06:28 PM

She's obviously very immature, and I think you need to tell her straight up if she's going to be a bitch to you then you want nothing to do with her. She's no good for you if she's going to be this way, and you don't need to deal with that kind of treatment from anyone. You are not a stalker freak, and just because you two broke up, it gives her no reason to act this way.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Shayjaggers Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: She's treating me terribly. - March 1st 2010, 08:51 PM

I do agree that she's being immature. I've completely stopped talking to her, but we have a lot of the same friends and if she's ever with one of them when I'm texting them or anything she gets on their phone and starts cussing me out again. She even cussed out my best friend for trying to defend me.
I dunno. Maybe this IS her way of coping. Seems nonproductive to me. And not to mention it just really hurts. I still love her.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Pending...Work in progess
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Matt

Re: She's treating me terribly. - March 2nd 2010, 02:40 AM

When you're dating someone way younger than you, you might tend to find that the way they act sometimes is a little childish. It may seem non productive to you about the way she is coping, but all you can really do is keep being there without trying to do or say anything that might provoke any negative reaction from her. But it will be up to you to decide whether she is coping from the break up, or if she's just being too darn childish for you to want to handle. I wish you the best of luck to get through this.

Closed Thread