TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
panic Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question So he told me he dreamed about me last night. - July 25th 2010, 09:46 PM

So I went out with the same guy I spoke to you guys about... http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-re...s-not-my-type/ It was a real date this time. We've steadily hung out as well, with him visiting me at the university. He also visited me at home yesterday, and together, we watched an episode of this TV show I'm obsessing over with. He's been really sweet and all, but he has never been direct with his feelings at all. My family has been bugging me about him, asking me if he's my boyfriend, but it never even came up and so I think we're just friends. I mean, we've even never held hands or kissed, you know? Totally platonic--from my POV, at least.

So he texted me this morning and told me that he dreamed about me last night. I asked him what I was doing in his dream. He told me it was weird. He said that in his dream, he tried to chase me, but he couldn't reach me.

Note: I do dream interpretation and if I follow my assumption, his dream is so spot on. He's pursuing me, but he feels like he can't reach me. I am also not 100% into him. I am loving the friendship, but I don't think I'm ready to have him as a boyfriend.

So my question is... do you guys ever did tell that someone that you have dreamed about them? Why and what for? Is the dream even true in the first place, or is it some pseudo-metaphysical hint-dropping? Why would he tell me this? What is this about? Or am I over-analyzing things?

Last edited by PSY; July 26th 2010 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Edited post so that the URL would work correctly.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Robin

Re: So he told me he dreamed about me last night. - July 26th 2010, 06:10 PM

I believe that dreams are influenced by what we think about when we're awake. Bits and pieces of our day are thrown together in order to create a story. Sometimes it makes sense, other times it's absolutely outrageous. If I dreamed about dating a friend, I wouldn't automatically assume that we were meant to date. I would assume that I was thinking about that friend at some point (maybe I hung out with him earlier that day), and I was also thinking about something romantic (maybe I watched two characters kiss on a TV show), and those two just happened to get squished together. It could have just as easily been a different friend, or that same friend in a different situation.

Yes, I have told friends that I've dreamed about them. The last time was when I dreamed two of my friends no longer wanted to associate with me. I texted them in the morning, and told them what amazing friends they are, and that I was sorry if I ever ticked them off. Was this some kind of prophecy? I doubt it... but hey, it never hurts to tell your friends that you care about them. xD

It sounds like your friend is using this dream as an excuse to talk about your current relationship. I'll bet he told you this to see what your reaction would be. Would you quickly reassure him that everything is cool? Would you confess to having a crush on him? He wouldn't be the first person to use a dream like this to his advantage. =P Now it's up to you to decide whether or not YOU want to take this dream seriously, and if you want to satisfy his curiosity.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I-Love-him Offline
I've been here a while

Re: So he told me he dreamed about me last night. - July 26th 2010, 06:40 PM

well last night i had a dream about a girl at my old school, i never once spoke to this girl but non the less she was in my dream. I thought nothing of it at all, dreams can be weird at times but yes often they can mean something but not always.

He probly just told you for the sake of it,i'm always telling people when i dream of them LOL. But it's really good that he felt comfortable enough to tell you.

I wouldn't think too much into it if i was you, just focus on whats happening in reality and look for signs in real life, dreams can be confusing and random at times, i wouldn't worry about it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Name: Kayla

Re: So he told me he dreamed about me last night. - July 26th 2010, 08:20 PM

Dreams can be weird things, but I agree with Robin. I like to think of them as things that we hope for, or that we think during the daytime.
He might have told you as hint-dropping thing but he also might have just said it to make conversation. Things like that can be tough to recognize.
I think the best bet is to ask him what his feeligns are for you since he's never really been straight up about them with you. I know it seems hard, but it's going to be worth it in the end so that you can know what's coming ahead, or if you're heading into being hurt of whatnot.

Good luck!

-Kaylaaa.

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.
  Send a message via AIM to savealife723 Send a message via MSN to savealife723 Send a message via Yahoo to savealife723  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Rhop101 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Robert

Re: So he told me he dreamed about me last night. - July 26th 2010, 10:49 PM

I had the same thing happen to me although the only person i've ever talked to with about my dreams of the past is my current gf. I have dreamed about a girl I used to like back in high school at that time and I would be in my school and as the girl walked by I would become sort invisible maybe he feels the same way. It was hinting to me she wasn't interested although I didn't believe it at the time. I later had a dream with her where we were friends again. It seems like a lot of my dreams are advice for reality or phophecies.

"It's the first kiss. It's flawless. It's really somethin'...

It's Fearless" ^_^

My steam powered bicycle

And remember The Man who Owns an Overland Never Wants a Better Car

Closed Thread