TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Exclamation I'm paranoid about two of my friends, please help? - February 16th 2011, 09:55 PM

I've known this girl since I've been 2ish. We're now 16/17 and we've always kinda been friends, but recently we've grown closer and I've fallen for her over a relatively short period of time. One of my guy friends has got a girlfriend (she's a friend of mine, not overly close though) and we're all in the same school year/group of friends.

Here's where my problem comes in - the first girl I was on about is going away for a week's skiing holiday with the guy I was on about as they're pretty good friends. I'd like to think that I might be going somewhere with the same girl. I've got this idea into my head that whilst they're both on holiday, they might end up having sex or something - and of course, they'd probably keep it secret and me/his girlfriend would never find out what REALLY happened on that trip. That means that, should I ever enter a relationship with the first person, there'll always be a 'what did they do?' circle of thoughts at the back of my mind. And before you say something like 'he has a gf so don't worry', whilst he really does like her a lot, I don't think he's truly in love with her (arguements etc). That's my opinion of course.

Anyway, please help me out here? ><

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: I'm paranoid about two of my friends, please help? - February 16th 2011, 09:58 PM

If you've always been friends and you've fallen for her, you aren't going to get into a relationship with her anyway. So don't worry.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

February 16th 2011, 10:04 PM

Thanks for the feedback, but regardless of whether or not we end up together, the thoughts I've mentioned will probably rip me up anyway, I'm weak like that.

Back to my single life of SH it is I guess...wooh.

Fuck what you just said, I really like her and I'm not giving up hope. I've gotten this incredible surge of optimism from somewhere - I guess you kinda inadvertantly brought this on, so thanks for that. ^^

If something happens between them, fuck it, it's their lives and I can't control them. I'd still like help with the paranoia though!

OPTIMISM FTW.

Last edited by PSY; February 17th 2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Mathew with one "t"

Re: I'm paranoid about two of my friends, please help? - February 16th 2011, 10:59 PM

You cant just assume that they had sex. You like this girl alot, wouldnt you think you have a better picture of what she acts like? and if you have known her for so long dont you think she would tell you if they had sex? Never give up on love. Love has got to be one of the best gifts on this planet.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Robin

Re: I'm paranoid about two of my friends, please help? - February 17th 2011, 08:08 PM

I agree with Matti. Unless your friend is in the habit of having casual sex with close friends, I don't think it's right for you to assume she'd have sex just because she's on a skiing trip with a close male friend. We human beings CAN control ourselves, no matter how romantic the setting may be or how attractive the other person is. =P It's not fair to assume she would have sex for such superficial reasons, just as it wouldn't be fair to assume you would do the same if you were in her position (with a girl, of course).

(#6 (permalink)) Old
craz33me Offline
because...cats.
I've been here a while

Name: Ciara(:

Re: I'm paranoid about two of my friends, please help? - February 17th 2011, 08:27 PM

I think you should just tell her how you feel, before they leave.

A beautiful thing is never perfect.

Send a message via Skype™ to craz33me 
Closed Thread