TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Question In Love - February 19th 2011, 09:36 PM

I shipped him a book for our RPG game through the mail for Valentines day. When he got it he was excited and said, "I have the best girlfriend and she loves me... Well, she likes me!"

Thing is I am in love with him, and now I'm under that impression that he thinks I just like him
. I don't want him to think that, but I don't want to be the first to say I love you. He's in this thirties so he should have picked up on some of the hints that I do. I asked him how he felt about me a day ago and he basically said that I need to be patient and give him time (I'm guessing to fall in love with me?) I have a feeling he is falling in love, but Isn't in love with me yet.

Help?

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PlayingPretend Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Elliotte

Re: In Love - February 19th 2011, 09:46 PM

If you don't want to be the first to say "I love you," then honestly, his sentiment about you needing to be patient/give him time applies here, too. Honestly, there are some men out there who are spot on "hints" and "signals," there are men who misinterpret them when they aren't there, and there are men who miss the mark completely, but the only way to ever tell or let someone know for sure is to tell them. And if you want him to know that you are and have fallen in love with him, then it is something I would talk to him about, or "I love you" is something I would simply say. If you're not comfortable with doing it first, then it's likely you're going to have to be patient and wait for him to say it in his own time.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread