TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
alibear101 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Alyssa

Unhappy sad and confused - May 7th 2011, 09:13 PM

my boyfriend lives in newbrunswick and I live in Ontario, it is extremely hard for me. I have yet to ever see him and it is killing me inside. he was supposed to come this summer but his parents dont have enough money to send him and i cant go there. I miss him so much. we skype 1x a week, maybe more and try to talk on facebook every night. i just wish that i could get a hug. or have my first kiss. i cry all the time because i never get to see him and its getting harder and harder to stay strong and wait until he's finally here with me. im so sad. my mom hates him, all my friends and family think that it will never work out because we are in a long distance relatioship. maybe thats true. but they could at least pretend to be happy for me. just once. what should i do?

Everybody dies, but not everybody lives <3
  Send a message via MSN to alibear101  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: sad and confused - May 7th 2011, 10:18 PM

There isn't much you can do except be paitent and wait it out. His parents don't have the money to send him to visit you this summer, and your parents don't like him, so I doubt they'll give you the cash to go and visit him. Long distance relationships are a lot more difficult to handle than just regular relationships. You have to work extra hard to keep things going, and I think you should continue doing that until the time is right when you both can visit each other.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pug Princess Offline
Bug & Pug <3

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: sad and confused - May 7th 2011, 11:12 PM

Hey there,

I know long distance relationships are tough, but that doesn't mean that things wont work out. However your going to need to decide if it is best if you end things so that you can find someone closer to you that you can be with that can hug and kiss you. Sometimes you can really like someone, but it won't be the best thing for you so you have to move on.

However if you are willing to wait, then do it. It will be tough, but if your parents won't let you see each other then you have to just go with it.

Why does your mom hate him? And shouldn't your friends be supporting this? I would have a talk with the ones you love and tell them that this is really hard for you and you could really use their support, not discouragement. If you believe that this relationship is worth it, then don't let their words get to you.

Best of luck

~~~
Article Editor | Project Advisor
~~~
Skittlify

Closed Thread