TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
nurselee90 Offline
DayDay90
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Day L.

Unhappy Is True Love Real? - June 12th 2011, 02:57 AM

My boyfriend and I seem distant right now. I don't talk to him as much as I use to. I dont need to talk to him every hour of the day but I just wish I could talk to him for at least 5 mins just to see how his day went and to hear his voice. I fee realy neglected. I tell him I love him and call or text (not being clingy tho) and its like he tells me he loves me, which i believe, but he isn't showing it much right now. I understand he has some things going on and he has other people in his life besides me, but I feel like as his girlfriend, I should be important and Im hurting. Im not an emotional person at all but lately I have been moody and I fee like true love is some sh*t forreal because i am not supposed to be feeling this way. He only talks to me when he feels like it or sees me when he wants some sex or when sh*t gets rough. I just don't know what to do about this because I refuse to be hurt again and I just wanna be happy in the end... I love myself so why can't he??
  Send a message via Skype™ to nurselee90 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kiiaa_Samiii Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Samiii

Re: Is True Love Real? - June 12th 2011, 03:32 AM

Heyy,

I now exactly hw you are feeling. i feel the exact same way.
my bf n i used to talk all the time, now barely even 1min a day. and he doesnt have access to internet. i m not clingy n like you said i dont need to talk to him 24/7 but some time would be nice to talk. but all this is making me really depressed now n i hate it, i cant stand to be hurt again either.

He calls me to check up on me (sometimes) if i dont call (ive started to wait till he calls -sometimes he doesnt ) *sighs* but he doesnt call for sex or anything he is good like that and respects me alot which is wat i love about him

But my advice is stay strong okay? dont give up. Try and find things to distract yourself with too get your mind off him.... i mean in a good ay.... do you knwo what i mean?
I know its hard i know that but, as long as you know how much he loves you then that is good

Also i believe true love is real

I really hope you'll be okay
*hugss*

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Is True Love Real? - June 12th 2011, 06:45 PM

Hey Day,
I know exactly how you feel sometimes. My boyfriend and I have a wonderful relationship, but we can go days at a time without speaking to each other. Sometimes, I'm okay with this and other times I feel as if there is something wrong, or I've done something wrong. You need to get him to open up about what's going on. If there is something in his life going on right now, and he isn't being very open about it, this is actually quite normal for men. They don't open up about their feelings like woman do; then tend to shy away from them whereas we try to embrace them.
If he doesn't want to talk about what's going on right now, then I would give him his space but let him know that you're there when he is ready to talk.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
nurselee90 Offline
DayDay90
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Day L.

Re: Is True Love Real? - June 13th 2011, 10:31 AM

Thankyou ladies so much.. your advice is a big help and i hope your relationships are going great... thanks again!!! (:
  Send a message via Skype™ to nurselee90 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Jamie

Re: Is True Love Real? - June 13th 2011, 10:02 PM

I have to add that sometimes space is healthy, even if it doesn't always feel like it short-term. My boyfriend makes the effort to contact me at the very least two or three times per day, which is very nice and all, but sometimes it gets suffocating to me! Some people need more space than others, and that space should always be respected, as long as things are that simple. You should definitely talk to your boyfriend and make sure there isn't something else going on.

Best of luck!

I've never been afraid of the highest heights or afraid of flying high.
I've never been afraid of the wildest fights, not afraid of dying.

I guarantee you'll miss me, 'cause you changed the way you kiss me.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Meowwings Offline
Bri;)
Not a n00b

Name: Briauna Hansen

Re: Is True Love Real? - June 13th 2011, 10:32 PM

Ah, been in this situation and it didn't end well. He may be bored. And honestly, it really isn't on you. It's the fact that he may be too busy and that he doesn't see you as a huge part of his life now that you've been in it a while. Ask to take a brake. Not completely cut off, but have time to yourself to sport things out and figure out if this is really what you want, because he is showing that it isn't.

Closed Thread