TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

View Poll Results: Do you think i should give this long distance relationship a chance?
Yes, go for it! 3 15.00%
Umm, Not sure if it such a good idea. 3 15.00%
Do what you feel is right! 11 55.00%
Ill comment my oppinion. 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
EndureEmo Offline
because you are amazing anyway
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Eliza-Grace/Endure

long distance relationship? - September 19th 2011, 09:20 AM

So, i have met this guy through a 5 way phone call one of my frineds set up, the call included:
my two bestfriends, tina and ash
ash's boyfriend josh,
and josh's best mate nathan
and also myself.

We were talking as a group alot of the time but it sometime also just became nathan and myself talking, asking each other personal questions beginning to know each other more. We had a connection stright away we like the same music same bands same songs. He was really nice to everyone in the phone call he seems like hes really nice.
I think his personality is what i was attracted too. oviously because i had no idea what he looked like or his age or anything like that.
Over this phone call we swapped numbers and added each other over facebook, when i looked at his photos on facebook i noticed he was stright out HOT, best smile ever, and a nice body and hair.
We have been texting each other everyday pretty much all day scince.
and we have been flirting alot too. we both know alot about each other now, because i like to ask lots of questions when im beginning to know someone.
My friend ash, who was also in the call has met him lots of times while visitting her boyfriend, but the thing is would you give a guy a chance of a relationship if he lived 8 hours away?

"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts... and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."

ANDY SIXX
  Send a message via MSN to EndureEmo  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
snoogums Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Blue

Re: long distance relationship? - September 19th 2011, 11:36 AM

Well if yourself or the guy had a drivers licence then it wouldn't be too bad because you could probably drive down and visit sometimes. Also if you wanted to visit you could get a ride with someone else you know or take a bus. When you are old enough to live on your own it is possible to move closer to each other. I know some people who tried long distance relationships and it didn't work out because they never got to see each other. But then my aunt (is 27) met this guy online a few years ago and they didn't see each other for the first year. then they met and fell in love and visited each other a couple times a year (he lived in a different country). Then he moved here and got a job and they moved in together and got married over the summer . So it could go either way and if you really think you like the guy then I say you could try it and see how it works for you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
EndureEmo Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: long distance relationship? - September 19th 2011, 11:42 AM

were both 15, but its posible we can catch a train on the weekends to visit each other and my friend ash can tagg along with me to also visit her boyfriend. or josh and nathan can visit ash and i and so on and take turns <3

"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts... and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."

ANDY SIXX
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: long distance relationship? - September 19th 2011, 12:22 PM

Before jumping into anything I'd just suggest getting to know this guy first. It's nice that he's nice and you have things in common but I think you should get to know other things about him before dating or going to meet him.

After that I'd say sure go for it if you want to. The train ride idea works out quite well in theory but where would you two be staying? 8 hours there and back doesn't sound particularly fun to do in a single day.

I was in a long distance relationship where we were 6 hours away from each other and now I've moved to the same place for university so they can work out, it just takes a lot of trust and you both have to be willing to work at it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: long distance relationship? - September 19th 2011, 12:34 PM

I voted "Do what you feel is right!".

I voted that because I feel like it should be 100% your choice seeing as you're going to be the one driving/traveling potentially 16 hours just to get up to where he is & back home.

I agree with Cara, get to know this guy before you make any decision. Though, he seems like a nice guy and I am happy for you to meet such a great guy.

Make sure it's what he'd want too. Some people just aren't comfortable with a long distance relationship.
Make sure you'd have a place to stay so you wouldn't have to do all of the traveling in 8 hours. And vice versa - make sure he can come your way at some points to make it fair, I guess.

I hope it works out for you, it seems like you really like this guy. <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Inperfect Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Torstein

Re: long distance relationship? - September 19th 2011, 04:36 PM

I can't offer much in the way of practical help, as I too am feeling my way into the long disctance love stage. My girlfriend currently lives just under 7000km away, a good 16-36 hour flight.
A long distance relationship can fulfill you just as much as any normal relationship, but it takes trust. You mustn't let doubt or fear get the better of you. That is about as much I can say.
Other than that I can only encourage you to, I you REALLY want this, to work on it. Give it some time.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
dancinfool Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: long distance relationship? - September 19th 2011, 07:05 PM

15 is maybe kinda young for a long distance relationship like this (and 8 hours is a looong way, is that how long the train takes?) but whatever, I think its worth a try. Its definitely a bonus that your friend is dating someone in the same area; not that that means it will definitely work out, but at least you can meet him in a group situation without too much pressure. It would be pretty scary to travel 8 hours to somewhere you've never been by yourself. So at least meet him, and then see how you feel

(#8 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: long distance relationship? - September 19th 2011, 07:59 PM

Honestly, I know people who are in long-term relationships who live far apart, and it still works for them because they see each other as often as they can.
If you two really like each other and have contact here and there in the future, I say go for it. But do consider that if you two get serious in the future or want to get married, one of you will have to move.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
VampirePrincess Offline
Ice Princess
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: long distance relationship? - September 20th 2011, 04:44 PM

8 hours is better than the distance between me and my long distance former boyfriend (whose name is Nate, coincidentally enough...). So that's not too bad really, it sounds like on a special occasion you could still see each other.

I would say, go for it. If you both can webcam this can make it a lot easier, but talking on the phone and using facebook is great too. If you like him, I say give it a shot. Sure long distance relationships can be stressful especially when you're really attached to the person, but it's more stressful to not be with someone you want to be with

{{sending PINTEREST invites! just ask!}}

Volume of a Doughnut
V = 2(pi)^2 * R(r)^2

(#10 (permalink)) Old
EndureEmo Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: long distance relationship? - September 21st 2011, 02:47 AM

yeh, he actually said we could cam, on skype, but he doesnt have a webcam atm. and he has ran our of credit atm, so i cant talk to him till he gets more

ANDY SIXX
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Sythan Offline
Our life is what we make it
I've been here a while

Name: Nick (Or Nico)

Re: long distance relationship? - September 21st 2011, 03:03 AM

I voted do what you feel is right.

Long distance relationships don't normally work out, unless they do. If that makes any sense to you at all.

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

GAY PRIDE!!!!!!

Closed Thread