TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KJCCJK Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I always feel so alone.. - October 8th 2011, 03:28 PM

I just woke up from a party last night, I spent most of the time alone, trying to avoid people after a while... The closest thing I have to a "best friend" was flirting with the girl I'm for some reason going literally insane for. I told him about that when I was drunk 2 years ago, so I shouldn't really expect him to not try and get with her still, but for some reason it just sticks with me, and I hate how he was doing that, and how I still don't have the balls to talk to her..

I think he must've told her at some point how obsessive I was, because she was pretty much the only person to acknowledge that I was there, even if it was just a wave when I was walking by.. I don't know why I think this is such a big deal..

My other "friend" was trying to get me to go back in to the party to "get a *****", and started with the whole "I'll be your wingman" ****. I don't really want one, but I got up anyways, then he just ran off and I went back outside.

I know it's my own fault in the end, and I hate myself for it. I feel like **** every day knowing that this girl could start dating some other guy any day now, but I don't feel like I can do anything, being the loner and socially awkward guy I am.. How can I just deal with this?

People say to just get over it, "other fish in the sea", and I know every other person in this kind of situation says this, but I don't want anyone else..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: I always feel so alone.. - October 8th 2011, 03:35 PM

If you don't want to be with anyone else, it's time you found the guts to talk to her. You could start with Facebook, to make it a bit easier and it's not a face-to-face situation. You just need to find the guts to talk to her. If you don't, she will move on to someone else.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pug Princess Offline
Bug & Pug <3

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: I always feel so alone.. - October 8th 2011, 03:48 PM

Don't give up just yet, you need to take hold of the situation and talk to her, as Shannon said. Her acknowledging you is a good start, just take it from there and have some conversations with her.

~~~
Article Editor | Project Advisor
~~~
Skittlify

Closed Thread