TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
helloovee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

is a guys love real? - December 21st 2011, 07:07 PM

When you truly love a girl, spend almost 2 years with her and shes your first EVERYTHING, when the relationship ends, do guys still think about her, or only girls do?

the relationship me and my now ex-boyfriend had was the most mature, serious, loving relationship ever, but we became toxic for each other. we were constantly down each others throats and he broke up with me. i know he misses me sometimes, but..does he really..?

i know hes been with girls after me, (hookups, not relationships). what does this mean? does this mean he is over me? does this mean he is moving on? he started drinking all the time, and going out to party. he hooks up with girls and talks to 90% girls. he was never like this before me and im so confused by his actions. is he completely over me? or is this like a guys stupid way of dealing...??

ive heard people say when a guy really loves you, its forever, but most of those quotes are bs.

thank you for your opinions, they are appreciated greatly.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: is a guys love real? - December 21st 2011, 07:22 PM

Honestly I think he probably thinks of you too. I mean he is a person and Im sure the feelings couldn't just be gone over night. And maybe that is why he is acting that way, its probably just a way to get over you. But honestly thinking about why guys do the things they do will just make you crazy. I just think guys do things differently because they can't really show their feelings, they just have to act tough.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: is a guys love real? - December 21st 2011, 07:42 PM

I can't honestly say. I'm not a guy, and I can't pretend to know what they're thinking most of them because I'm not expert on how the male mind works. Do I think he thinks about you? It's a great possibility.

As for him hooking up, it's hard to say. He's a teenager, and hormones are raging by this point AND age. He may be simply acting upon those urgent feelings he has, or he may actually be doing this as a way to keep you off of his mind. All in all, I think he might miss you to a point. But, the relationship wasn't healthy, so I can't say for sure what he's truly thinking.

It's best to try to let this go. Things didn't work out, and if you tried again, I don't think they'd work out then either. If he's moving on, you should too.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
theawesomeman Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jacob

Re: is a guys love real? - December 21st 2011, 11:01 PM

He is probably doing this to show you that he can get other girls besides just you. He is doing that because he likes you (don't ask we're complicated.) He is definetly not moving on because if he was you wouldn't see him doing all of these things. Trust me, he's planning to go where he knows or thinks you will be. As for the drinking and partying, that's what my brother always does after a serious relationship he's in ends. As for talking to all of those girls, that's because he has been in a relationship with you for 2 years and now he has to see all of the girls he has never talked to and girls that he has talked to that have changed in the last two years. As for you saying that when a guy loves you it is forever that is true only if you are the first girl he has ever gone out with or you are VERY special to him. (We all have a girl that is that special to us.) I hope this helps, bye.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: is a guys love real? - December 21st 2011, 11:28 PM

I don't know what he is thinking, but guys in general think a lot about girls. I've lived with groups of guys, and they all talk incessantly about their girlfriends or ex-girlfriends. It is obnoxious.

Breakups are generally harder on guys than they are on girls, and if I had to bet money, I would bet that guys think about girls more than girls think about guys.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Zyzz Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: is a guys love real? - December 22nd 2011, 12:28 AM

I've seen both sides of the pendulum actually. I've seen breakups being harder on guys and vice versa.

Just to say each guy like each girl is different. Each person takes breakups in different ways. But to answer your question. A guys love is real. We may not like to show it a lot. But its real.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: is a guys love real? - December 22nd 2011, 12:47 AM

I don't agree when people say "your first love is forever." I don't see the point in holding onto your past when you're with someone new. I have no feelings whatsoever for my "first love."

(#8 (permalink)) Old
IMCAT Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: is a guys love real? - December 22nd 2011, 03:30 AM

As a guy, i can state the following; It really depends on the individual.To be honest i rarely seen a guy being truely honest for his or her partner.Most guys have a good heart however they get distracted.As for me, ive lied a lot in my childhood.I learnt from it.Hence, i became a better person to myself and others.

Most important thing to me is to be genuine at all cost, sincerity and loyalty is a must.i can't talk for most guys unfortunately, this is only my input, however, i can tell you that if you find one , you will know , believe me not.

I had 2 girls in the past 15 years.Both heh the same, its a matter of luck if you ask me.I hope you find the answers in what you seek.

Michel

(#9 (permalink)) Old
notwhoithinkiam Offline
In a world full of bloo ponies
Not a n00b

Name: Kylee

Re: is a guys love real? - December 22nd 2011, 04:41 AM

as someone who is at least biologically male, I can say that I will never forget the person i first fell for, i still think of her and i still care alot about her

[Rob] The best Mac app is iTax
[Mr.Cat] iFail is the best
[~Emily~] I like iMoneyless, myself.
[Steph] iHoes
now thoses apps we could all live with
[Jessie] I'm a pro at ass kicking. At just 5' tall.
that is ass-kicking tall

12:50 AM [Jack] Well being a guy I'll just go quit my law degree and go back to scratching my ball sack with a twig as I'm supposed to be doing apparently.
Jack's "angry" and sarcastic response to ppl thinking men are intelectually insufficient

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: is a guys love real? - December 22nd 2011, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notwhoithinkiam View Post
as someone who is at least biologically male, I can say that I will never forget the person i first fell for, i still think of her and i still care alot about her
But why? I don't think that's fair for the next person you get in a serious relationship with. If you're still holding on to your ex-girlfriend, even just a little, you're not giving your whole heart to anyone else.

Closed Thread