TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
nameless428 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Do girls only approach once? - January 28th 2012, 04:04 PM

Since the start of the school year, 10 girls either approached me and started a conversation or started a conversation during the class. However, they usually approach / start a conversation only the first time. Do they expect me to approach them the second time or something? And not to mention, I'm too shy to approach girls and talk to them. Actually, I'm too shy to approach anyone whom I don't know very very well, regardless the sex.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Do girls only approach once? - January 28th 2012, 04:22 PM

Since they were gutsy the first time and approached you, they probably expected you to approach them more often as well. Approaching someone you don't know very well is a gutsy move, and since guys usually make the first move, these girls are full of confidence. Since you're shy, maybe they sensed that and decided not to approach you for a second time because confidence is a huge turn on for girls. Since they talked to you first, take a chance and talk to him. They had guts to approach you first, so take a deep breath and jump right in!

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
nameless428 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Do girls only approach once? - January 28th 2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelophobia View Post
Since they were gutsy the first time and approached you, they probably expected you to approach them more often as well. Approaching someone you don't know very well is a gutsy move, and since guys usually make the first move, these girls are full of confidence. Since you're shy, maybe they sensed that and decided not to approach you for a second time because confidence is a huge turn on for girls. Since they talked to you first, take a chance and talk to him. They had guts to approach you first, so take a deep breath and jump right in!
But how can I know if they're interested?

Let me give you an example:
I was talking to a group of people, when these 2 girls from my class came up smiling while saying "Hey <my name here>!" and jumping, and started talking to me and asking questions.

One of these girls approached me later too, and asked me to 'tell her about myself'. She also always made long eye contact and smiled in the classroom.

Another one made long eye contact and smiled in the classroom too.

They used to make long eye contact and smile for at least a month or two. However, they gradually stopped doing that, but they still smiled whenever our eyes met.

Why didn't they come up and talk to me again? Did they not realize that I'm very shy?

What I noticed, however, is that I get approached whenever I'm hanging out outside of school. I don't get approached, say, after the lesson, for example. Probably because I'm always the last one to go out of the classroom.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Robin

Re: Do girls only approach once? - January 30th 2012, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless428
But how can I know if they're interested?

Let me give you an example:
I was talking to a group of people, when these 2 girls from my class came up smiling while saying "Hey <my name here>!" and jumping, and started talking to me and asking questions.

One of these girls approached me later too, and asked me to 'tell her about myself'. She also always made long eye contact and smiled in the classroom.

Another one made long eye contact and smiled in the classroom too.
You just answered your own question. =) You can never be 100% sure if someone likes you... unless they flat-out say so! Body language is a great indicator, though, and from what you've described, those girls were definitely interested in you. They went out of their way to learn more about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless428
They used to make long eye contact and smile for at least a month or two. However, they gradually stopped doing that, but they still smiled whenever our eyes met.

Why didn't they come up and talk to me again? Did they not realize that I'm very shy?
These girls can't read your mind. It looks like they made the effort, but you didn't reciprocate, so they figured you weren't interested and they backed off. If you want something to happen, you need to put in at least as much effort, if not more effort. Girls generally like to be pursued. They want to make their feelings known by using body language, initiating conversations, etc. and then they want to see how you'll proceed from there.

Closed Thread