TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
abnormal girl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy idk what to do - April 16th 2012, 11:40 PM

my bf just broke up with me yesterday, we went out for 7 months, it would of been 8th may first...nothing seems to matter anymore i even deleted my fb witch i was obsessed with and i cant go to school i cry alot and i cut. he just told me hes feelings hvae changed he was nice about it and were still 'best friends' -__- it wont be the same ever again

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Amber Offline
Pro-Choice

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Re: idk what to do - April 17th 2012, 12:12 AM

Break ups are hard for everyone but I can assure you that it will be okay. There are other fish in the sea and believe me - it's a big sea. You're young and it isn't the end of the world. Go do something that you love. Go get your nails done and just pamper yourself. Cry if you need to cry, laugh if you need to laugh and keep smiling. Don't keep cutting yourself because it won't make everything magically better. Of course things won't be completely the same between you two but don't let that stop you from being friends. It might take time before it's comfortable around him again but I promise you will be just fine.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
abnormal girl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: idk what to do - April 17th 2012, 12:17 AM

thanks im just so upset right know but thanks

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Flavalicious Offline
100% Coffee addict
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Felis

Re: idk what to do - April 17th 2012, 11:05 AM

Break ups do hurt people a lot and everyone experience break ups in their life; many people even experienced it more than once. Although it's hard, you really need to learn to move on and know that there are still many great guys out there for you.

Both of you are still very young and you need to know the fact that it's so rare and almost impossible to find love at your age that will last for years. People change, he change, you'll change and hurting yourself just because of him isn't really worth it. There are many great things waiting to happen in your life and your love journey is just about to begin. As you grow older, you'll learn by experience and believe me, one day in the future you'll find your soul mate.

As much as you're upset about this, you should learn to move on and accept that he's not the one for you. It's not easy to do, but you really need to try. If being his best friend hurts you in a way, maybe you should take a break from talking to him or seeing him for a while until you feel better and being able to recover and heal.
I hope everything turns out well with you dear. Be strong! You can do it

Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. - Alexander Smith

Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life. - Herbert Otto

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: idk what to do - April 17th 2012, 11:47 AM

I'm sorry to that. Break ups are hard but things will get better. Cutting isn't going to help solve things though, so you should try and keep yourself distracted with things you love doing, hang out with your friends or watch some of your favourite movies because not only will it distract you from cutting, it'll hopefully cheer you up a bit and that's what you need right now.

As Amber said, you're young so you've got all the time in the world to met someone new so you should enjoy yourself while you're young and eventually, you'll meet someone new.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
ellequeen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: idk what to do - April 18th 2012, 02:30 AM

Hello. I ususally don't reply to these support forums but just reading yours...
I feel for you! I know exactly what you are going through. I was around your age when I first thought I fell inlove. I "loved" him so much and without him, I couldn't breathe. I had panic attacks and I just didn't know how to function without him. I'm sure you are feeling the same. But let me tell you, it DOES get better. Especially at your age, you are probably going to move on and find somebody else.. and then laugh at this in a few months. Honestly, you are probably going to go through this more than once in your life. But it's normal. You learn from it and grow! You will learn alot through this break up. Especailly about yourself. You'll be able to pull through and become a stronger person. You will also probably see your true value after this. Also, don't cut! I've been there and I regretted it so much to this day.. and learned that this hurt is not worth it. It is not worth it to let one person control your feelings. You are better than that. Be happy! Let me know how it goes. I'm here if anything

Closed Thread