Thread: Triggering: This Dream Is Traumatizing!! Help
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: This Dream Is Traumatizing!! Help - September 8th 2014, 05:16 AM

Hey there,

Fibromyalgia is a very painful disorder which is from overactive nerves. It's considered an emotional disorder because it is a response to high levels of stress. Your body has a threshold and there is only so much you can take. After a certain point, your body will begin taking stress out with other ways and Fibromyalgia is one of those. You may find that symptoms come and go at around the same time your stressors do. I have Fibromyalgia and I have found that heat really helps me. For sufferers of this, either heat or cold is said to help. Also, you can purchase bath salts and body washes that are meant to soothe sore joints. I understand why you haven't yet been diagnosed, but if you ever get to the point of being able to afford it or if you're curious as to how it is diagnosed, the doctor moves your joints around and will ask if certain movements hurt. Fibromayalgia has 18 pressure points and to be diagnosed you need to have at least 11.

I think it may help for you to keep a journal by your bed so you can write down your nightmares and keep them for future reference. I can definitely understand why it would affect the rest of your day, but try not to let it get the best of you! Just remind yourself that you're here, you're in the present, you're safe, and everything is going to be okay in the end. When you have a panic attack, focus on your breathing. The alternatives thread Christina suggested for grounding techniques may help you out with flashbacks.

I, too, think seeing a professional would be really beneficial for you. But, if you don't currently want to talk to anyone you can refer to this list of hotlines.

Take care!

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.