View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Thedrivingguru Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Re: My child's first car I'm so worried! - October 5th 2015, 08:46 PM

Congratulations on your son's success! I don't know how beneficial monitoring is but other things of consideration might be if he is ready to drive alone?
Sadly, the DMV's drive test is too easy and not a true gauge as to whether or not one is truly qualified to drive. The biggest argument would be.... why are there so many accidents every single day... especially on our freeways? A logical conclusion would be that many shouldn't have got their license in the first place! We live in a would of distraction through modern gadgetry and with the notion that everything in our lives has to be done fast! Some apply that notion while driving which could sometimes lead to dire consequences. Make sure he knows how serious driving is and don't be afraid to pull the plug if he doesn't listen. Remember.... you still have the power. This method may seem harsh but it might just be the wake up call he needs to drive safely at all times. I've been a licensed California Driving Instructor for close to 20 years.
(Thedrivingguru aka Thedrvingdoctor)
Please don't be discouraged by this advice and take it one day at a time.
Safe driving to all....