View Single Post
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: I want to try to smoke weed - October 19th 2017, 12:28 PM

Well if it's legal where you are, I don't even have to pretend like there's some sort of moral argument against smoking weed. I don't even have to follow the rule of telling you to obey the law! Awesome.
Contrary to popular opinion, weed really isn't very bad for you in moderation. Alcohol is far more dangerous and has killed a ton of people; hell, even tylenol has killed people. You want to know how many people have died from a weed overdose? Zero. It is scientifically impossible to overdose on weed. Basically every study claiming that weed causes brain damage has been debunked, and now scientists are even skeptical that it has a link to lung cancer. The THC supposedly filters the tar out of your lungs or something like that. HOWEVER, smoking a ton of weed before your brain is fully developed (usually developed from 22-25 years old) is thought to slow down the development of the frontal cortex of your brain.
Personally, I smoke a lot of weed. I have a med card and it helps me sleep. It might not do what you think it will, though. For example, when I smoke, it often makes me really quiet; I assume that I associate weed with sleep. Who knows though, maybe you'll become a party animal or something.
If you're wary about smoking, you could buy some edibles or use a vaporizer. Watch out with edibles though. Its easy to eat way too much because they take a long time to kick in. My best friend made the mistake of thinking the edibles weren't working, so he ate more and he was still high the next day.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.