Thread: They hate me
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: They hate me - April 24th 2018, 08:36 AM

The fact that you are taking responsibility for your actions is a great first step in a positive direction. While it's completely understandable that you don't want others thinking you're mean, the most important next step is apologizing to the girl who was the subject of the song. Let her know that you understand why writing a mean song and teasing her wasn't okay and that you feel remorse for any hurt that may have been caused. If she accepts your apology, that's great and may help smooth things over with everyone else. If she doesn't, that's totally within her rights but, at least, you can walk away knowing that you made an effort to address the situation.

If you notice that being mean to others is a trend within this specific friend group, you may want to take a step back and evaluate the relationships. From what you've written, it sounds like you don't want to be someone who hurts other peoples feelings, which is great. Take a minute to think about whether or not these friendships promote that kind of behavior in you. Even if the answer is yes, it doesn't mean you need to immediately stop being friends with any of them. However, it might be a good idea to talk to them about how your collective actions can affect on other people and whether or not that's something that you want to continue to do for a laugh.

Overall, it does sound like this was a learning experience for you and I hope you're able to take away something positive from it.

Take care!

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie