(#56 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Corona Virus. - March 19th 2020, 07:43 PM

I think I'm dealing with this better than I thought I would be. But then again, I barely go out so I'm at a less risk for catching it to begin with. That said, it is worrying how many people globally have coronavirus and how we have to go to such extremes to try to control it. Part of me can't really believe it's actually happening in a way?

I am sad my university closed even though it was for the best (the city where the university is in had quite a few cases of coronavirus) and am worried I'm going to struggle to stay on track with assignments.

Shelves in the shop are looking pretty bare these days too...doesn't seem like they are being replenished that often? Though maybe people are still panicking buying.

I worry mostly about my mum as she works in a pharmacy, which is stressful in general, but more so in times like this. Plus, she's at a higher risk of being in potential contact with someone who has the virus to begin with, though I'm not sure how many cases there actually are in my area.

On the plus side though, many coffee shops and cafes are offering free hot drinks to health care and emergency workers. And my university, which offers nursing training, is hoping to offer the campus as a space for trainee nurses to train and work in the field ASAP to help combat the virus.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!