(#77 (permalink)) Old
eaty Offline
Staff On Leave

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 33,935, Level: 26 Points: 33,935, Level: 26 Points: 33,935, Level: 26

Re: Corona Virus. - March 27th 2020, 09:25 PM

I currently live in the state in the US that has the most cases. New York. Thankfully I live in Upstate NY where things are not as bad as NYC, but its only time. My county today announced we have over 40 cases.

Its interesting, especially because I'm paying attention to what is going on in my state, as well as where my boyfriend lives because we are in different states. And they are taking very different approaches.

But meanwhile, my boyfriend has an essential job (he works in a hospital lab, no his hospital doesn't currently test for COVID-19. BUT there is a hospital in his system that does, so they are having to handle samples of COVID-19 at his hospital to send out to the other hospital) So I have a bit more of a inside view of that part of this situation.

Thankfully, my household and my two grandmothers who live nearby are all fine. As well as my father, and aunts and uncles who live in other cities from me.

But my brother has been sick for weeks now, with VERY similar symptoms. My sister-in-law JUST got sick, and she got tested yesterday and we are now awaiting the results. Apparently a bunch of my brother's co-workers are all sick with the same symptoms, and one of their wives got tested and came back positive. So that is a major stress, though thankfully my almost 2 year old niece is fine so far.

Lead Moderator, Chat Officer and Disputes Committee Member.
PM me Anytime if you need anything.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!