(#215 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Points: 16,591, Level: 18 Points: 16,591, Level: 18 Points: 16,591, Level: 18

Re: Corona Virus. - May 26th 2020, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity. View Post
My state started the reopening process on Monday and there was a significant spike in new COVID-19 cases over 24 hours. I don't think we, or any other state in my country, should really be doing this right now. I wish our president or the government was more proactive when it comes to this pandemic.
I respectfully disagree. It takes longer than 24 hours to catch COVID-19 even after exposure. It was just a coincidence. There is literally no way that cases could spike only 24 hours after opening. The incubation period is quite a bit longer than that.

Also keep in mind: the goal was from the get go to spread the curve, not eliminate it. I feel we are doing this-- we have been reopening here in Florida during much of May, yet hospitals are NOT overwhelmed ,etc. Despite all the complaints about us Floridians going to the beach during spring break, none of that bullshit they said would happen has happened here. I say reopen. This virus is circulating regardless- no way around it. Shutting the economy down for longer will just worsen the consequences

I am sorry if that seems selfish- but I am one of those people who needs to find a new job because of this. I need to put food on the table, afford essentials, rent etc. I cannot afford to be homeless over this. Either the government gives me a free paycheck or they end this fucking shutdown and let the virus hit. No in between. One stimulus check doesnt pay the rent for the next 12 months.

Keep in mind that some people CANNOT AFFORD the economic ramifications for this. I am not some corporate CEO complaining about being a million dollars short of 30 million... I am someone who could literally be put on the street over this. Keep that in mind. I am in no way willing to live on the street to save some Boomer who smoked half his life. Fuck that.

There needs to be an answer for me that doesnt involve homelessness or prolonged unemployment before I get on board with this fucking shutdown. The boomers who stand a (relatively small risk) of dying have political representation. Where is the representation for those of us who are being royally screwed over and pushed into prolonged unemployment?

#OpenAmericaNOW ! #VoteTrump
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!