(#248 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42

Re: Corona Virus. - August 2nd 2020, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud90sKid View Post
It is more like people are tired of a prolonged shutdown. We shut down here in Florida 3 months before the virus even really came to our state. We are understandably burnt out. I am not expert, but I am just speculating that our state could have been open that entire time.... now that the virus is hitting our state we HAVE to open. Im sorry but thats just the way it is. Florida has a big hospitality and tourism industry and millions would lose their livelihoods,jobs, and businesses if we were to shutdown again. Thats just the facts. New York got hit first because it sees a lot of international traffic. It is unreasonable to expect states that did not see their first surge back in the spring to shutdown for twice the length of time. I'm so sick of a certain political party acting like it is so selfish for me to want to work and deciding for me what is an essential activity and what isn't.

As for me: I am back to living my life as normal. I go to bars every night (only bars that don't have food are required to close) and am honestly done with this social distancing bullshit. Im not doing it anymore.
I understand that people are fed up with the restrictions that have been put in place and how much it would have an impact on the economy. I've tried to invest my money in local businesses as much as I can but at the end of the day, this is going to continue and everyday life is going to be prolonged if people aren't listening to medical advice during this time. The economy is going to take even longer to recover if we don't try and push through this. Countries like NZ haven't been impacted as much as other countries like the US has because they went straight into lockdown as soon as the virus became apparent. This situation has certainly impacted my mental health and I've been lucky enough to still be able to work full-time throughout the whole lockdown so I can't imagine what it's like for other communities and countries that have been impacted even more to not even be let out of the house, let alone go to work.

Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!