Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Trump supporters stormed the capital - January 12th 2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Bibliophile:. View Post
I do love how in a brief interview with one of the pro-Trump supporters, one of them fully supports those riots and claims they had to 'do their patriotic duty'. I'm all for defending one's country, but that isn't patriotic at all. It's chaotic.

It's truly amazing how one man can incite such violence within a country. I feel for all those in the US who have had absolutely nothing to do what has been happening yet has had to be caught up in it, one way or another. Especially right now with Coronavirus rife in America, with over 200k cases a day.

I worry for those like my friend who works in a small corner shop in California. He told me how embarrassed he feels. Especially as the whole world watches. Not only that, he too, has had to face abuse from others solely because he has asked them to wear a mask, or pull it to cover their nose. At one point, an individual smashed up the shop because they claimed he was encroaching on their freedom.

As much as I believe in freedom of speech, some speech can be severely damaging, and in many ways. Because of Trump, people like my friend are having to suffer the consequences for just doing their job.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.