DeletedAccount53 Offline
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: Trump supporters stormed the capital - January 14th 2021, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight. View Post
How are we all feeling that Joe Biden has been elected?
I was wondering how Joe Biden will shape up. I fear for his inauguration on the 20th because it wouldn't surprise me if some ardent Trump supporter took a potshot at him. After the Capitol was attacked in that awful siege, anything could happen!

Last night we watched soldiers lying on the marble floor insider the Capitol. Lots of them. Not being disrespectful, but for a moment I thought they looked like guard dogs. Julie even saw a female soldier. It's good that all were there, guarding the Capitol building inside. That way, their presence will ensure any invasion of Trump supporters and/or QAnon and White Supremacist thugs don't swarm the building again. But Biden's future policies? I don't know enough yet. But up at the podium before cameras he spoke with conviction. No dramatics. Nothing like Trump's bombastic attitude.

It may take a generation before America's divisions are healed, but the world looks on in anticipation.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” - Thomas A. Edison.

Thomas Edison tried over two thousand times to invent the lightbulb.