View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Apologizing to the Counselor - November 20th 2009, 09:14 AM

Hi Courtney!!

I hope you're having a dandy day!!!

[Or at least one that is 'dandier' than usual]

Good for you - I say. Most people - especially those who are dealing with depression - are not nearly so in tune to how their behavior might be effecting someone else. That tells ME that you are someone with a 'good character'. IF you want to really impress upon your counselor that your apology is sincere - nothing would prove that more than to see her in person. And I say that because IF you see her in person - it would tell her that she was worthy of not only your effort BUT ALSO of your TIME. Apologizing to someone in person is always far more impressive [And considerably more courageous] than apologizing to someone from the 'safety' of an email or letter. [But an email or letter apology is better than no apology at all]

What should you say?!

Apologies are best when they are short and sweet. AND to the point. Sometimes when a person apologizes - it starts off fine but soon turns into a 'feel sorry for me' speech. And that dilutes the apology. [Does that make sense?]

You could say something like this....

"I want you to know that I appreciate all of your help. And I hope that you will forgive me for finding it hard to make up my mind."

And that's all you need to say.

I hope that helps.

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!!