Thread: Triggering (Suicide): I'm pretty much done.
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hope begins Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hannah

Re: I'm pretty much done. - June 23rd 2010, 01:48 AM

Hey Lacey, I'm really sorry things are so tough for you at the moment. It's absolutely awful when you feel suicidal - so I just wanted to say, first, well done for continuing to fight this. I'm sorry things have gone so wrong, and I understand that can make everything seem even more overwhelming and impossible to sort out. When you're feeling so low already though, it's often really hard to get things in perspective so it might not be as terrible as you think, there will probably be a way to sort these things out. What's happened with your friends and family and your job? Do any of them know how you're feeling at the moment? Would it be worth trying to explain to them - even if you don't tell them everything, just that you're having some issues and really struggling just now?

It's great that you know you don't want to die - and although I completely understand feeling like you'll never be able to be happy again, I really believe that you will. It probably doesn't help much for me to say that, but seriously, things change all the time, how you feel always changes, you CAN get through this and feel good again. It's not all that long since I genuinely felt that it would be better if I killed myself and now I am just so grateful to be alive. Things really can change.

I'm glad you're seeing your therapist tomorrow and I think she's right to be concerned for you. Please try to be as honest as you can about how bad you're feeling; it's the only way she can help you. Hopefully she'll be able to think of a way to help you through this, and help you stay safe. Do you think you'll be alright until you see her? If you don't think you can look after yourself and be safe, is there someone you can talk to or be with? Even if it's just calling a helpline. You're not alone in this. I'm here if you need someone to talk to. Please take care of yourself.