View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: Not What I Expected - March 2nd 2009, 02:09 AM

Hey Emily,

I'm really sorry about the situation. I know it can't even be close to easy to deal with. It isn't a good way to live. You deserve to come home and feel safe in your own house. Maybe you and your moms boyfriend can get a hold of an alcoholics group in your area. In Canada, we have Alcoholics Anonymous. Maybe you two can check something like that out? If there isn't anything like that in your area, try getting her boyfriend to discuss a counselors appointment. There are many support groups out there for alcoholics or heavy drinkers. If you do decide to confront your mom about this, I suggest doing it when she's sober and in a fairly good mood. Also, don't do it alone. Try and do it with her boyfriend and any other family that might know or be affected by it. Having more people can help much more. Take care of yourself and try not to let what she says get in your head. She isn't all there when she's drunk. If you ever need anything, feel free to get a hold of me. I'll always reply. :]

~Stay strong and have faith.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..