View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: at least 40 - March 10th 2009, 05:16 PM

Hey-

I think there are various points to someone who self harms gets to. There are some where you're starting, some where you're fine with it, and ones towards the end of your 'career' so to speak, that makes you decide to stop. Are you going to let this be the time that makes you want to stop?

Since, I can't have an answer to that right now, I'm going to just go on with some advice to stop self harming. Then, you can see if it's something you're ready for. If not, that is entirely okay. While I'd prefer you stop (And I'm sure others would too) I understand that sometimes people aren't ready, because I know I wasn't ready for a long time.

I really want to stress, that it's not going to be easy. But it will be worth it. It's like climbing a huge mountain, it's hard, but when you get to the top the view is just gorgeous. And suddenly, while you understand how hard it was to get up there, you realize you'd do it over and over again if you had to. At least, that's my experience with it.

Check out the distractions and so forth on this thread HERE. Personally, my favorite distraction is coloring. I totally have an entire coloring book I'm just awesome like that. But it really helps. Especially like, if I'm in a really bad mood, I can just scribble over someones face. Haha.
Also, for in your instance, I want to point out the First Aid thread. And look at that and make you sure you properly care for you cuts. Especially when you have so many, getting an infection is not the best thing.

If you want to stop, you can do this. I know you can, I don't think, I know. If you need any help at all, we're all here for you. Stay safe.
Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.