View Single Post
  (#41 (permalink)) Old
Of Mike and Men Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Michael

Re: Eternal Conscious Torment (ECT)/Traditionalists Hell - April 26th 2012, 02:33 PM

In the meantime, I will say this, I didn't properly define aion, I thought by now it would be unnecessary. The word aion is used as age-lasting. So, it is indeed an adjective. I just say, "an age," because since this topic has been so thoroughly discussed, I didn't think it necessary to say otherwise. Though, if it even is the world eternal, annihilation, as you said, is eternal. The difference is the wicked are only told they will see death. While the righteous receive life. It seems inconsistent to think the NT writers meant death to mean, "eternal life while consciously suffering." You'd have to manipulate scripture far more to read death as anything but death. Especially when considering the OT.

It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people yourself is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral, self-righteous, bullying laziness.
-Penn Jillette

Last edited by Of Mike and Men; April 26th 2012 at 02:38 PM.