View Single Post
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: How do you know when you enjoy something - April 30th 2012, 08:05 PM

So you see anything short of genius as "trivial"? If that's the case, you'll either need to adjust your expectations, or accept that you'll be dissatisfied for the rest of your life. That's a choice you'll have to make. If you want to change the way you view things, you can. If you don't want to try, fine, but then I don't understand why you would ask us for advice on how to view your situation differently (because isn't that changing?).

I'll admit, I'm often confused when I read your posts, because I don't understand what exactly you're trying to achieve from posting on TeenHelp. Are you really trying to change your situation for the better? Or are you trying to get people to say, "You're right, this is how things are"?

I'd love to be the next Steve Jobs... but I know I won't be. Even if I devoted every second of my life toward entrepreneurialship (if that's even a word), that doesn't mean I'd succeed. I might never catch that lucky break, or find those essential contacts through networking, or have the financial or technological means to create the product I have in mind. A lot of it is due to being extremely intelligent, hard-working, etc. but there's also a fair bit of luck behind every successful entrepreneur. Some people will "make it," but most won't... so what should those people do? Resign themselves to a life of mediocrity? Or recognize that life isn't mediocre just because it isn't "Steve Jobs" status? Life is still worth living even if you're working a more basic job, because there's far more to life than what you do for a living. Plenty of people HATE their jobs (or at least dislike their jobs), so they find enjoyment in other areas of their lives. To them, a job is simply a way to earn money, which allows them to buy things or pay for activities that will lead to enjoyment for them.

I mean, I don't know what else I, or anyone else, could say to give you some hope. I don't believe you're a failure if you don't become the next Steve Jobs. I only believe you're a failure if you give up, because there are ALWAYS more things you can try. You will NEVER be able to exhaust all your options - and how can you know that it's hopeless until you try everything there is to try?

Last edited by PSY; April 30th 2012 at 08:12 PM.