TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Surreygirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,862, Level: 12 Points: 6,862, Level: 12 Points: 6,862, Level: 12

Question Pregnant? - February 22nd 2013, 10:01 PM

Hi,
I'm really worried, I swear I am pregnant.
I've been with my boyfriend for a year and 3 months.
In November we had sex for the first and probably ony time. We did use a condom (later found out it wasn't kite marked and didn't carry any of the uk regulations) afterwards he swore he checked and that nothing had leaked out.
Me and him stay active sexually very regularly (everything but penetration). And I know that he fingered me when he still had cum on his fingers, this gave me a funny discharge a while later and I started to smell like his cum. And so throughout November I was worried but then a coup,e of weeks later I got my period. So I was relieved and thought that was the end of my worries. But then I couldn't shake the feeling I was pregnant. My next period was my shortest cycle ever in the years I've had period (26 days). This struck me as odd, then I noticed that I was starting to gain a bit of weight, I got my boyfriend to get me a test and so I then used it when I would be around.. 10/11 weeks.. It came up negative (it was one of those line tests, I couldn't tell if it was a line or not but that may be due to paranoia) this didnt convince me as it was a cheapy test and i could have read it wrong. I then had two more periods since, but my lower stomach has started to expand and I've noticed none of my clothes fit me anymore. I've always been skinny/slim so it's quite a shock. I've gained about half a stone. I did another pregnancy test a couple of days ago (one of the clear blue digital ones) and it came up as not pregnant. But yet I am still convinced.

I can't tell my mum as she is bi polar and gets quite aggressive and very scary. And I don't speak t my dad anymore so I can't tell him. My boyfriend is very supportive but thinks I'm nuts and its tearing us apart, I spend the whole time having moodswing and I'm being really emotional, he forgives me every time, but we're not as close. I went to the doctor yesterday, but whenever pregnancy and sex came up I freaked out and denied it. I can't get another appointment and not have my mum there and I can't get anywhere without my mum knowing. She has to drive me and she has to know exactly what I'm doing at all times and who I'm with. So I can't put one past her.

Help me?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Dark-and-Twisty Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nicole

Points: 15,882, Level: 18 Points: 15,882, Level: 18 Points: 15,882, Level: 18

Re: Pregnant? - February 22nd 2013, 10:24 PM

If you've had your period since you've had sex, you're not pregnant. Sperm dies very soon after it hits the air, so the chances of you get pregnant from it being on his finger is almost impossible. I would say relax. You took a pregnancy test and it was negative. A lot can cause weight gain: ie, stress, eating more than you used to, ect.

But it's a really bad idea to lie to your doctor about having sex.

"You say you're all dark and twisty. It's not a flaw, it's a strength. It makes you who you are."

~ Derek, Grey's Anatomy
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Surreygirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Pregnant? - February 22nd 2013, 10:33 PM

I read somewhere sperm can live up to two hours outside the body. And I never lied to my doctor, he asked me if there was any need for the contraceptive pill and I said 'no... Well, not really, I don't think.' And then later he asked if there was any chance of me being pregnant and I said 'don't think so, I've had four'
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
shanrocks Offline
ShanRocks
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,740, Level: 12 Points: 6,740, Level: 12 Points: 6,740, Level: 12

Re: Pregnant? - February 24th 2013, 03:07 PM

As cream cheese said ,you are not pregnant. As your pregnancy test came out to be negative,so you don't have to worry anymore. Also you have period , so why are you worried ? So relax and enjoy ,your love life

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Surreygirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Pregnant? - February 24th 2013, 04:35 PM

Because of my crazy weight gain that's only happening in my lower stomach, none of my jeans will do up anymore. And I haven't changed my diet at all, if anything my diet and excersize has got better! This is why I'm still convinced
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Pregnant? - February 26th 2013, 12:16 AM

If you're so "convinced" you're pregnant, this is likely why you're experiencing symptoms that could relate to pregnancy. Have you ever heard of an hysterical pregnancy? Yes/No? Well, here's a little break down for you.

An hysterical pregnancy happens when someone is so stressed out over thinking they're pregnant, or wants to have a child so much that they actually put their body in a state where it THINKS it's pregnant, but it's not actually pregnant. Pregnancy tests can come up positive or negative during this time, but there is literally no child in the womb. You could experience all or some of the symptoms, but it's just your body being confused. And, yes, weight gain could be one of those symptoms.

If you were pregnant, the pregnancy tests you've taken would have let you know. Only in rare occurrences do they actually give a false reading. If you haven't had sex, or any kind of intimate contact since November, it's left enough time for you to take a test and have an accurate result. They can give accurate results up to two weeks after having intercourse. If your last cycle was different from what you're normally used to, it could be your body adjusting to a new cycle. Just because you've been regular, or have had light or heavy periods most of your life doesn't mean that they can't change.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Surreygirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Pregnant? - February 26th 2013, 06:56 AM

Thank you, what would be the best way to rule this out?
Closed Thread