Old
Melwirth Offline
Average Joe

Name: Melissa

Points: 7,943, Level: 13 Points: 7,943, Level: 13 Points: 7,943, Level: 13

Re: Talking about religion - September 15th 2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1 View Post
I wouldn't do it just to debate or out of curiousity, but I would do it to try to lead them to Christ.
Having a civil conversation isn't a debate, and why not out of curiosity? If you want to lead them unto Christ, you have to be willing to listen to someone first. If you are strong in your faith then you shouldn't have a problem with what others have to say. What wrong with learning? I see it this way, I love to see people convert to my religion, it makes me so happy cuz I know it will make them happy but if my friend invited me to church with her one Sunday how could I say no if I would offer the same invitation and hope they would say yes. Its a give and take sort of thing. Even Missionaries of my church that go out to preach the gospel would go to another church if politely invited. It shows that we respect other faiths and would like to teach you about our if you would like to listen.
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 946870 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!