TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
fizzminister69 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,945, Level: 8 Points: 2,945, Level: 8 Points: 2,945, Level: 8

Abusing my girlfriend - February 6th 2018, 09:03 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

fuck niggas

Last edited by fizzminister69; February 9th 2018 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Removing graphic details as well as moving to more appropriate forum.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20

Re: Abusing my girlfriend - February 6th 2018, 05:06 PM

go to therapy. get help.
it's important that you realize this is a problem, and i'm proud of you for having the courage to reach out and admit that you have a problem.

first of all, stop putting drugs and medications that she doesn't need in her drink. that's just wrong on so many levels. if you'd like to suggest she take a certain supplement or treatment you can talk to her, and then she can decide whether she wants to take that pill or not. but you cannot make someone take something like that without their consent.

if a partner says a position is hurting them and asks you to stop and you continue, that's actually a form of rape. if you respect your girlfriend in the slightest you will respect her body and what she wants/doesn't want done to her.

i think if you can't get into therapy, the least you can do is talk to your girlfriend. tell her you're sorry for acting out like that and that you don't want to hurt her. if you truly can't stop yourself from doing those things, you shouldn't be dating. you should be taking this time to develop yourself and deal with any internal struggles that might be causing you to be so violent.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Abusing my girlfriend - February 7th 2018, 05:21 PM

I agree with everything that was said by Jess. I also think that you should consider leaving this relationship so that you do not continue abusing her. If you are currently getting turned on/pleasure from hurting her you need to work on figuring out why you are and figure out how to stop. Until you figure out how to stop this behavior dating probably isn't the best idea because there is a greater chance that it will happen again.

You know yourself so you probably know whether or not you will continue this behavior. My advice is that if you figure out if you can refrain from harming your girlfriend and determine if continuing the relationship is wise.

Best regards.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34

Re: Abusing my girlfriend - February 8th 2018, 09:44 PM

I agree with everything that has been said. If you can't trust yourself to not hurt your girlfriend, then it's best for you both that you end the relationship and take the time to figure out why youare behaving this way, and what you can do about it.

You've done well in reaching out to us and it shows that you do want help. The next step is to figure out why you feel the need to abuse others- are you afraid that you'll be rejected from having sex? are you using sex as a way to fill another void in your life or abusing others to make yourself feel better? are you using abusive behaviours because it seems familiar to you/you have been abused? Whatever the reason, it's vital that you explore this and seek professional help such as counselling or therapy. This will help you to explore your behaviour and how you can change that so that you aren't hurting others.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Abusing my girlfriend - February 13th 2018, 10:03 PM

Original content has been deleted.
Closed Thread