TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Annika Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,285, Level: 13 Points: 8,285, Level: 13 Points: 8,285, Level: 13

Unhappy Could I be pregnant? - October 19th 2010, 03:40 AM

So I had sexual intercourse on Oct. 9th and I'm worried sick I am pregnant. We used a condom no birth contol. I'm almost positive he put the condom on incorrectly though causing it to break. Two days after it all had happened I started cramping tremendously and feeling nausea (puked 5 or 6 times). This continued for 4 days I was thinking it was just my nerves making me feel so sick but I couldn't explain the cramping. I also had a major loss of Appetite, the constant need to pee and on day 5 I had spotting of blood. Then two days later I started what I think is my period. Cramps are more mild and in other places than usual. It is also very heavy bleeding but seems to have calmed down now on day too of the "period". I'm a week late also.
I don't know what to think of it all and I would like help before I go to my parents and or his parents.
Do I have a chance of being pregnant or no!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Could I be pregnant? - October 19th 2010, 04:01 AM

Symptoms of nausea and the others you described are more likely to be caused by something like the flu, though, or some other illness or even anxiety. You would not experience nausea two days after sex in which the condom broke; sometimes it takes that long just for the sperm to travel and meet the egg.

I'm trying to figure out how you are a week late when you are what sounds like your period. If you are bleeding from your vagina and its heavy flow, that is your period. But if you are really worried take a test. Also, it's best if you are on birth control. If you can't get on it though, keep using condoms, and if the condom breaks, see your doctor (if you are under seventeen) about getting Plan B.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dana Offline
The Jet Setter
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dana

Points: 10,464, Level: 14 Points: 10,464, Level: 14 Points: 10,464, Level: 14

Re: Could I be pregnant? - October 19th 2010, 10:38 AM

I think you're fine. It sounds like you are on your period. Also, pregnancy symptoms usually don't appear until at least 5-6 weeks after conception. You may have the flu, or it may just be nerves.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: Could I be pregnant? - October 19th 2010, 07:16 PM

I am going to go ahead and move this thread to Pregnancy & Childcare, where I think it will get better responses. Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns!
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Alicia.C Offline
Average Joe

Name: Alicia

Points: 9,873, Level: 14 Points: 9,873, Level: 14 Points: 9,873, Level: 14

Re: Could I be pregnant? - October 20th 2010, 01:16 AM

Two days is much too early for pregnancy symptoms because the fertilized egg isn't even implanted into the uterine wall yet. On average, it takes 7 days for that. Normally between 3 to 10 days though. It takes at a few days after implantation before symptoms start because the HCG (pregnancy hormone) isn't high enough yet. I would bet it's nerves and/or a flu. Stress can definitely cause all those symptoms, and if you're worried about pregnancy, your mind can play tricks on you and you will get the symptoms even if you aren't pregnant. Stress and nerves can also make your period late. I don't think you're pregnant. If you do miss your period though, take a home pregnancy test or go see a doctor.
Closed Thread