View Single Post
  Old
YoungK9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 11,113, Level: 15 Points: 11,113, Level: 15 Points: 11,113, Level: 15

Re: I think depression is stupid. - August 29th 2014, 04:35 PM

In many third world Countries, mental health isn't recognized so to speak. There's a lot of stigma about mental illness, & there isn't much in the line of getting help. Here in the US,& parts of Europe, it is, recognized as illness. People are diagnosed with depression,& they receive help. In third world countries not so much. Many don't even have that good of health care period, so the likeness of being diagnosed there is not very likely.

Money doesn't make everyone happy. Neither does internet. Or other luxuries. Of course, these things CAN make people happy, but, just because that one item makes you happy, it doesn't mean it will for someone else. Believe it or not, people in first world countries have it hard too. Maybe not to the same extent people in third countries do.

Depression is illness like any other. You wouldn't tell some with diabetes to just get over it, would you? No. I think not. It's the same with depression. It can be life threatening too. People don't choose to have depression,& who would? There are millions of people in the US with diagnosed with depression,& many more not diagnosed with it. You can just get happy, or get over it, when you have depression. I wish I could though! Depression sucks. So much.

You really need to have had depression, to know it is truly likely. I understand if you haven't experienced this, or that, it can be hard to understand. That doesn't mean you can be "ignorant" so to say. You don't need to have(or had) depression, to be educated.

6 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1132077 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!