View Single Post
  Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Questioning my gender identity - May 17th 2020, 05:28 PM

Just because you're different than the majority of girls in your area doesn't necessarily mean you have to identify as anything other than female.

I don't like make up. I hate wearing dresses. I always wear trousers like jeans, cargo trousers, and hiking bottoms. I dislike wearing leggings. I prefer loose jogging bottoms. I love gaming (especially first person shooters). I love weightlifting (I don't body-build but it's near enough to that direction). I never do girly-girl things like have those stereotypical pyjama sleepovers or gossip/discuss boys. I'm also gay. Most of my friends are male because I find them easier to get along with.

I know for a fact that despite all of that, I'm 100% cis female. Just because I don't do any of those stereotypical 'girl' things doesn't mean I should identify as anything else.

In my opinion, gender identity goes beyond superficial things like what a person wears, what their hobbies are, or what their sexual attraction is. It's about how a person feels inside. How comfortable that person is with the body they were given, and how happy they are with it.

I understand that maybe you want a yes-no answer, or for someone to determine your identity for you, but unfortunately no one can do that but you. These things take time. You're 14 years old. You have a long, long time to determine what you may/may not identify as. My biggest advice to you is to just be comfortable as you are now, and answers will come naturally over time. There's no need to rush into putting an identity label on yourself.
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1353011 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!