Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Shall I continue giving my brother alcohol? - March 2nd 2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragomir_the_DRAGONSLAYER View Post
He's 6. Our parents don't know, but grandpa does
I started drinking when I was 6 as well and it is about time for him.
What can possibly get wrong?
Some people tell me I should better stop, that they'll tell my parents...
Shall I beat them up? No one threatens me or tells me what am I supposed to do with my brother!
He's mine and I have right to teach him all the stuff I know.
I only wonder if I should've given him tobacco before because it's supposed to be first.
Sadly, this is not the first time I have heard of someone giving a child alcohol, or any drug for that matter.

You are eighteen years old, which means, you don't know if your body has been affected by the alcohol yet, you could have a heart attack in ten years because you have been drinking for the last two decades. So I don't think you are out of the woods just yet on that one.

And even if you and your grandpa survived drinking at a young age, it does NOT guarantee that he will. Each person is different and when it comes to children and drugs, you just never know whats going to happen. What if something awful happened to him? It would be your responsibly for giving it to him in the first place. Could you ever be truly happy again knowing that you allowed that to happen, that you could have stopped it. You do also realize that its illegal and you would probably go to jail for a very long time? At the very minimum that should scare you.

Being an older brother is not about giving him things that his parents wont, its about being a role model and teaching him what it means to be a good person. If this is what he thinks is "cool" what else will he do? Where does it stop?

Giving him alcohol is not helping him, its hurting him. Plain and simple.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.