View Single Post
  (#145 (permalink)) Old
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17

Re: What proof do you want? And in turn, what proof do you have? - April 1st 2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suniesha View Post
Thats what I was talking about, about what religions He is mentioned in. Catholic isn't a form of Christianity. wikipedia isn't a reliable source.
Really? Well, that's funny...

Quote:
the Christian religion, including the Catholic, Protestant, and Eastern Orthodox churches
(http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/christianity). I'll let someone who appears to understand this more explain (xHolyValorx)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
Catholics are Christians because they believe you attain Salvation through the Grace of Jesus Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suniesha View Post
The Bible is reliable. You have you're opinion and I have mine.
I fail to see how a website, usually with citations to various articles, books or other websites, written anonymously yet recent is unreliable, yet a 2000+ year old book full of contradictions (if you wish, I'll post tons of contradictions to show this is true), written anonymously and with lots of ambiguity is reliable. Do you know what the definition of reliability is? If not, then you'll learn a new term:

Quote:
Yielding the same or compatible results in different clinical experiments or statistical trials.
(http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/reliability).

Now, knowing what it means, if several people wish to look the same thing up on wikipedia and interpret it, it's fairly good. However, pick random parts of the bible and have various people analyze it, and they get different results. I'm not going to go into all the forms of testing for reliability, however, what I stated is an accepted method in scientific literature. According to the accepted scientific definition of reliability, the bible is among the least reliable things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suniesha
I'm using a phone right now, oops yes that uses a cell tower. You're missing what I'm saying, I love science, just not the big bang theory. Theories are good, just not that one
I recognize that smell of hypocrisy...

Quote:
I don't need you're Theroies
That seems to apply to all theories, not simply the Big Bang Theory, so thank you for being a hypocrite, much appreciated.