View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I've been here a while

Name: Cheye

Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24

Re: curious about religion - March 21st 2013, 08:55 AM

For general purposes on questionnaires or when talking to people lacking enough intelligence to understand my outlook, I simply identify as either Wiccan or Atheist depending on who I am talking to. In any case, I prefer to label myself as an open-minded atheist. Meaning I believe in miracles and everyone having a purpose however, there is not a God or higher power influencing what it is that happens. My way of seeing it is, we can prove evolution and history, we cannot prove that people were made by some mystic man out of thin air, and science disproves that as well, but besides that point, I believe in what we can prove moreso than what is more likely impossible. Therefore science, evolution, all that good stuff, that is what I believe in. However miracles can happen, people who shouldn't be alive for whatever reason are, people can get feelings of bad things happening, it doesn't make them a supernatural being and it doesn't make it a message from god, it's coincidence really. That's my outlook on things anyway.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)